Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death Egg

Which artists do you think could single-handely lead a new IWAD on their own?

There are quite a few people I think could really make or have made their own IWAD from scratch with the amount of sheer talent they have, or just as good or even better teamed up to make one. Eriance and NMN really should have made one each, and I think Vader could really pull one off too. Mechadon and Cage teaming up to make Supplice could have been a great new IWAD for people to base projects on, but even as-is will fucking rule when it comes out.

Who in your opinion is talented enough to lead such a giant undertaking in this community?

Mechadon's management alongside Cage. Would definitely play an IWAD by these two guys.

Back when I was super ambitious with stuff like UAC Rebellion and Rot90 and all that I could have pulled it off. My mapping mojo (see: time) is nearly nonexistant these days, but at my peak I was pumping out stuff like crazy. Not many make the connection that I have several one-man megawads under my belt. I wanted to rekindle that with Doomed in Space, but it's still stagnant..

So with that said, Erik Alm, Mechadon, Ed, Memfis are all good choices, plus many more I can't immediately think of!

Ribbiks, Skillsaw, nuID Software, etc.

Lots of great mappers these days and quite a good gaggle of fantastic gameplay mod people.

Far too many to list; infact. Would still be neat to see a new non-commercial IWAD

Like an official FreeDoom

Was just thinking earlier, Insane_Gazebo and Huy Pham would make something real badass together and with an artist to work with.

Defines what you define as being an IWAD. Because if you don't discount chiptune sounds, heavily-8 bit low-res sprites, simplistic rave music, and small arena maps, I made one myself:

Although I hasten to add, the final version of this when released won't be all my content. But I did a 'full' IWAD nonetheless.