Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeadSimple

Something that bothers me

Ever since free update 2, speperate ammo types was added. Two weapons, the EMG Mark V and Hell Shot use the plasma ammo type. However, the weapons should use Argent Energy "Slugs", but that ammo type is not added. Does anybody else think they should fix this in Update 6?

The more options the better, having more specific ammo types available is fine by me but I'm not bothered by it.

I'm always eager for the next update.

Is this game even going to get more updates? I thought the one with the last MP map pack was the final one even if Snapmap is half-finished.

MrSkeltal said:

Is this game even going to get more updates? I thought the one with the last MP map pack was the final one even if Snapmap is half-finished.

They have a whole full year plan for Snapmap. The Doom team of Id Software is working on Snapmap while the Quake team is working on Quake Champions. Still have 3 months.

DeadSimple said:

They have a whole full year plan for Snapmap.

Yeah, but that year was last year. It seems the post-launch support for DOOM ended once 2016 ended. They delivered the major Multiplayer and SnapMap updates they promised at launch, so they're probably working on DOOM II now.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Yeah, but that year was last year. It seems the post-launch support for DOOM ended once 2016 ended. They delivered the major Multiplayer and SnapMap updates they promised at launch, so they're probably working on DOOM II now.

Before the game launched, they 'specifically' said we'd get a year of free snapmap updates, it's not been a year yet, still another 3 months until May

That said, maybe the season pass has sold poorer then they expected and thus they might pull the plug on anymore free snapmap updates

Hopefully we have one last update, even if it only means fixing the bugs because snapmap has some pretty major bugs that need fixing

Doktor Mandrake said:

Before the game launched, they 'specifically' said we'd get a year of free snapmap updates, it's not been a year yet, still another 3 months until May

When the Alpha contents leaked, we saw SnapMap had three other module themes that weren't shown yet: Hell, Classic, and Labs (or whatever it was called). Those three themes have all been added, the with Labs theme added at the end of 2016. So that likely means their SnapMap roadmap has been completed.

The three planned Multiplayer DLCs were all released, with the last being released at the end of 2016 as well.

Also, the SnapMap team was selecting and adding "Featured" campaigns in SnapMap, but that hasn't been updated this year at all.

And finally, when Kevin Cloud (the SnapMap lead) put out a statement on the current state of SnapMap in December he didn't talk at all about any future updates.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4hfSzAPpSwYCA0UY0GoWY2/doom-build-and-play-new-campaigns-in-snapmap

So I'd be surprised if they ever put out a new update, especially something significant.

ChickenOrBeef said:

When the Alpha contents leaked, we saw SnapMap had three other module themes that weren't shown yet: Hell, Classic, and Labs (or whatever it was called). Those three themes have all been added, the with Labs theme added at the end of 2016. So that likely means their SnapMap roadmap has been completed.

The three planned Multiplayer DLCs were all released, with the last being released at the end of 2016 as well.

Also, the SnapMap team was selecting and adding "Featured" campaigns in SnapMap, but that hasn't been updated this year at all.

And finally, when Kevin Cloud (the SnapMap lead) put out a statement on the current state of SnapMap in December he didn't talk at all about any future updates.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4hfSzAPpSwYCA0UY0GoWY2/doom-build-and-play-new-campaigns-in-snapmap

So I'd be surprised if they ever put out a new update, especially something significant.

Damn, not sounding too good then :-\

I still hope you're wrong though and we get one last big update, or at the very least some bug fixes.. But yeah, it's not looking too likley I guess :[

I was really hoping for Ritual, Orbital, Boneyard, Empyrian, Outbreak, Molten And maybe even Argent Breach or Offering become Snapmap modules/Props. But it might be too late. Who knows? They might return one day due to the games success.

Honestly I just mostly want them to fix this one particular bug, which makes the client crash/freeze when trying to play certain maps on snapmap, this bug was introduced in the latest update

Not sure if this bug effects console users too, but on PC it basically makes co-op on snapmap impossible, unless you stick to old maps that haven't been updated with any of the newest features

I haven't noticed that bug yet, but if that's true, then they really need to fix that. Co-Op was the main feature that made Snapmap stick out from the rest of the game for me.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Wrong. I checked out the "White Collar" (labs) modules today. There's at least one White Collar connector (?) type module that references "White Collar arena" modules, yet there are none. Check the "arena" category, no White Collar module in there at all. So at the very least there should be several more modules in the White Collar theme.

ChickenOrBeef said:

The link you're providing doesn't promise future updates directly but indirectly it strongly contradicts you:

>"we’ve delivered several free updates to SnapMap – but we’re not done yet"
>"our final SnapMap update of 2016"
>"Our last update for 2016 delivered almost everything needed for creating a full DOOM single-player campaign"

I for one have modest but specific expectations of id moving forward:

* A few more (vertical, tall!) White Collar modules
* Improved loading times (the wait from desktop to Snapmap editing mode takes literally 5+ minutes for me now)
* "Consistency", as in having the same options on all objects of the same type (example: color wheel on all color selections, it's missing on decals of all things)
* General bug fixes for things like decal placement (messes up when the cursor meets a light source), and common freezes/crashes

These additions and fixes are not urgent, they just need to happen before id abandons the project.

symmetron said:

Wrong. I checked out the "White Collar" (labs) modules today. There's at least one White Collar connector (?) type module that references "White Collar arena" modules, yet there are none. Check the "arena" category, no White Collar module in there at all. So at the very least there should be several more modules in the White Collar theme.

"White Collar" sounds like an obvious code name for the Lazurus modules as a whole. That connector name you discovered could just be some legacy thing.

symmetron said:

The link you're providing doesn't promise future updates directly but indirectly it strongly contradicts you:

>"we’ve delivered several free updates to SnapMap – but we’re not done yet"
>"our final SnapMap update of 2016"
>"Our last update for 2016 delivered almost everything needed for creating a full DOOM single-player campaign"

People keep bringing up the "we're not done yet" line, but he was most likely referring to the update they just released at the time, which is what he went on to explain.

With all that said, Marty said in a recent IGN interview that they still have more plans for the multiplayer. However, when asked about SnapMap on reddit he didn't say anything about future SnapMap updates (check the comments).

They're definitely still working on bug fixes and balancing, but they haven't confirmed anything beyond that. Last year we knew all about their roadmap for future updates, but there's been nothing for this year. So all in all the current status of future content is mostly unknown at this point.

ChickenOrBeef said:

They're definitely still working on bug fixes and balancing, but they haven't confirmed anything beyond that.

Honestly, I would be happy with that. Snapmap has "enough" features at this point. What's needed is loads and loads of polish. Shorter load times, fewer crashes etc.

DeadSimple said:

What are the White Collar modules? Argent D'Nur?

Lazarus Labs type modules. High-tech and futuristic (as opposed to industrial of the normal UAC modules).