Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Average

High Resolution Heretic Art?

Does anyone have any links to official Heretic art in high resolution? The best I could find was Gerald Brom's cover art but even that was only 500x655 pixels.

I'd really like to get a poster printed to go along with my Ultimate Doom poster.

Thanks for finding a bigger version. Perhaps I should reign in my hopes and just print off something a little smaller. :)

It's such a shame that Heretic gets little more than lip service in terms of its place in FPS evolution.

Personally, as a game I actually prefer it to Doom II (I know, I know, sacrilege!).

Cyanosis said:

Pic

I didn't notice the guy has visible eyes until now. He also has an unused sword but that could've been the artist's impression of the game.

The original artwork is by Gerald Brom, as is the Doom II title art. The Art of Brom appears to be an anthology of high-quality prints of some of his work; it may be possible that the Heretic artwork is in there. There's also Darkwerks: The Art of Brom which is older and according to the product description contains Doom II. Maybe the Heretic pic is in there too.

EDIT: This video shows that the Doom II art is in there (at 25s, in a small half-page and apparently cropped form :/) but I don't see the Heretic art:

ASD said:

I didn't notice the guy has visible eyes until now. He also has an unused sword but that could've been the artist's impression of the game.

Well the art in heretic's original title screen doesn't look like that (Probably cuz of palette stuff). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv9rZVsOknE . The wand isn't covered in neon light, the colors are different and god his gloves look weird in the high res version.