Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

First Music

answer me these questions three:

1. What was the very first band you can ever remember listening to and knowing who it was?

2. What was the first music cd/tape (or in Fodder's case, 8-Track/vinyl) you ever owned?

3. What was the first cd, tape, etc. you remember buying that doesn't suck anymore? (I.E. youy were young and stupid and bought a Will Smith CD, then as you matured, you threw it out and bought a NIN CD)

1. Probably Soundgarden.
2. "Cracked Rear View" by Hootie and the Blowfish, which I actually got for my 10th birthday.
3. Same as above. I like a really wide range of music - pretty much everything except Creed. I loathe Creed.

1. What was the very first band you can ever remember listening to and knowing who it was?

Alabama. Country. Kickass. :)

2. What was the first music cd/tape (or in Fodder's case, 8-Track/vinyl) you ever owned?

Music Machine on record. Still looking for it on MP3...

3. What was the first cd, tape, etc. you remember buying that doesn't suck anymore? (I.E. youy were young and stupid and bought a Will Smith CD, then as you matured, you threw it out and bought a NIN CD)

Weird Al's Even Worse on record. Still have it.

as for me...

1. probably one of my dad's Beatles or The Who cds, back when CD's were something very new and exciting.

2. For a long time, my religious parents wouldn't let me buy anything with the "Parental advisory" logo on it. After many long debates and negotiating, my CD collection has quintupled. The first CD i got was
Dr. Dre, Chronic 2001, my only rap CD as of now (I used to have Cypress Hill's Black Sunday, but it got stolen in an English class)

3. As stated above, my selection of CD's was limited to mostly crappy dance compilations and christian rock. My first Cd was realy shitty christian rock by a gay band called DC Talk.

The CD has now been sold to my mom.

1: Idunno which one was the first. My old man raised me on the classics: the Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull, Led Zepplin, Kansas, America...

2: I got a bunch of kiddie cassetes (the read-along-book kind) when I was really little. One of the first "real" casetes I had (and my family didn't dislike outright) was "Happy Anniversary, Charlie Brown" (some pretty good modern jazz). The first CD I bought with my own money was the Offspring: "Ixnay on the Hombre".

3: Ixnay!

1. Dire Straits, as young as 3.
2. I've never purchased a music CD/casette in my life.
3. Read above, maroon.

1. The Rolling Stones or Neil Young

2. I have bought some vinyl records in my younger years. The first CD I bought was 'Harvest'.

3. Why would I ever have bought immature or crappy music?

A tape with Jean Michel Jarre's "Oxygene" and "Equinoxe" copied from another tape copied from the vinyl albums.

I must have been 7 years old or something and they totally blew me away.

I still got the tape, I think, and I'm bying the vinyl records as soon as I get a record player to actually play them (no point otherwise).

Insomniac said:

1. Hmm, that's a hard one. I distinctly remember listening to my dad's Huey Lewis and the News tape when I 6 or 7.
2. I've owned (and still do own) several, can't really say which one I got first, though.
3. Don't really remember any. I don't buy music I don't like. :)

Insomniac said:

1. Queen, I think..
2. Something from Kriss Kross. Hey, I was still young you know..
3. The Prodigy Experience. Great album.

Update (where I answer all Insomniac's question):

1 - Gasolin (greatest Danish rock act. Ever!)

2 - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene and Equinoxe (on one tape copied from another tape copied from the vinyls) The first albums I actually bought: Well, that must be Equinoxe on CD (it's far better on vinyl, but I didn't have a record player).

3 - Jean Michel Jarre, and he's still my favourite (though his latest two albums have been dissapointing).

1. Hard to say. At a guess, probably the New Seekers - one of my parents' old records. Either that or Holst's Planets Suite (the "band" in that case would have been the London Philharmonic, IIRC).
2. No Remorse by Motorhead (cassette tape).
3. No Remorse by Motorhead (the music doesn't suck, but the tape has suffered some physical damage from over-use, so perhaps that does suck).

1) Easy - Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' (my Dad's favourite band at the time)

2) Radiohead's 'Pablo Honey' on casette. I didn't get into music until halfway thru school.

3)'Placebo' by Placebo.

Insomniac said:

1.) Marilyn Manson
2.) Marilyn Manson ~ Mechanical Animals
3.) I don't by crap

1. Ummm..I think either Queen or Pink Floyd...My dad loved them back when I was born so one of the two I guess.

2. I dont own any CD's

3. I have never bought any cd's or anythings like that, I'm only 13, give me time.

1. Probably ZZTop-La Grange
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers-Out In L.A.
3. Led Zeppelin-Zoso (AKA Sticks) (AKA Led Zep IV)

KingKill33 said:

1.) Marilyn Manson
2.) Marilyn Manson ~ Mechanical Animals
3.) I don't by crap

Best reply ever.

SlayeR said:

3) Metallica - Master Of Puppets

Uhhh, I don't think I read the question properly. The only CD I've bought and not liked is Sugar Ray, 14:59 (ugh). Their first two albums were cool, but 14:59 was the worst load of poppy crap ever.

Master Of Puppets is the first CD I got, and I still like it A LOT.

I don't get why people waste their money on price-fixed CD's. That's right, the recording industries have banded together and fixed CD's at $12 apiece. What, you think they'll go broke if they charge any less? Ha, nnyahahaha. People let themselves get ripped in the sphincter and for what? 15 minutes of Sugar Ray.

Thank goodness for punk compilations. Twenty-plus tracks for five bucks. This one I bought was two discs, fifty tracks, five bucks flat.