Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

What's the word on Hacx 2.0?

The game has been in development since at least November 2008. Does anyone here have any inside info as to what the stats on the project is?

I think this was a better sub forum for bringing this up than the WADs forum. Hacx was a stand alone, commercial release, and I see plenty of talk in this section about games that run on the id Tech 1 engine.

Thanks for the update.

Everything Else is basically the religion and politics subforum. :P

But yeah, what Cage said. It's just been he and I (mostly him, really :P) holding down the fort this whole time; the project needs some serious mapping muscle but it's been tough attracting attention because Hacx's old resources just aren't that great. Oughta be a much easier story to sell once the enemy sprites get more-done... post-Supplice-work, of course.

Since Hacx still does not seem to have either a dedicated thread or a subforum of its own here on Doomworld, I will take the risk of bumping this thread.

I see Strife got a commercial re-release a couple of years ago. Could the same be done with Hacx?

JohnnyTheWolf said:

I see Strife got a commercial re-release a couple of years ago. Could the same be done with Hacx?

Hacx is freeware...

I know. Like I said, I saw what Night Dive Studios did with Strife (or should I say "Original Strife"), and I am wondering if turning Hacx back into a commercial product and thus allowing people to get paid for their efforts would help speed things up and potentially boost interest for the project. After all, a company like Night Dive Studios has been re-releasing plenty of old, often forgotten first-person shooters already, so I could see Hacx 2.0 fitting right in with the rest of their catalog.