Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tea Monster

New Model Pack for Doomsday 2.0

To celebrate the imminent release of Doomsday 2.0 and it's shiny new renderer, myself and Kurikai will be releasing a new model pack for Doom. It will be compatible with the new next-gen renderer of Doomsday 2.0 when it comes out.

To make it clear though; it's a new model renderer, not a completely new renderer :)

An all new renderer is planned of course.

we will be releasing the blend files so other can modify and improve, port to other engines, and most importantly, contribute back to help make it a really awesome model pack.

I don't know anything about Doomsday, but it feels like the models could do with some form of interpolation, both in terms of sprite changes (opening and closing mouth, for example) and in terms of movement. When it spins around it seems to jump 45 degree angles which means it's a 3D model acting just like a sprite, and essentially defeating the point of having models for me!

The Caco model itself looks pretty good though.

Another comment is the marble pillars look very plastic and desaturated. The reds of these pillars should almost match the walls you see here in this shot.

Good work so far though! :D