Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

Eternity compiled without FraggleScript, time to put in Small!

I have successfully conditioned-out all the FraggleScript-related code in Eternity. 'Tis kinda sad to have to abandon her like that, but at least she'll live on in DOOM Legacy (unless they change over too ;)

Small should be going into Eternity for basic testing very soon. Once it is in and I've completed (1) the basic set of native functions at least equal to what FraggleScript had and (2) the suite of functions that will comprise ExtraData and their related support thing types and line/sector specials, I will release EE v3.31 beta 2.

This is just going to be a HUGE leap forward for the engine. If you're not at least a bit excited, something is wrong with you :P

KDarigal said:

I'd rather use a dialect of Smalltalk, kthx.

SO I'M NOT EXCITED.

Smalltalk rocks (best debugger evar). I use it at work :P

timmie said:

Smalltalk rocks (best debugger evar). I use it at work :P

::dances around:: YOU OWN YOU OWN YOU OWN YOU OWN YOU OWN

I wish someone would use Smalltalk (or a dialect) as a scripting language for one of the Doom ports.

now thats cool!

I've been using Fragglescript for a while now on both Eternity(previous version) and Legacy, I can't wait to see this new scripting system.

too bad there will be no more fragglescript though...

Deathman said:

too bad there will be no more fragglescript though...

Yeah I kind of regret having to take it out myself; for one thing it precludes v3.29 demo support. Of course I'm not aware of any v3.29 demos, so I'm not sure I should worry about that too much.

If anyone brings such an issue to light, I will address it.

Right now, FraggleScript is still "in" Eternity, its simply conditioned out with "#ifdef FRAGGLESCRIPT" defines. One could reenable it just by compiling with FRAGGLESCRIPT defined, and I think I may leave it this way. If there is request for a version of Eternity that supports FraggleScript, I could easily provide it. I do not, however, intend to develop FS any further, ie there will be no bug fixes for it or new native functions to match the Small functionality.

This is a pretty good compromise IMO.