Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Earth is FLAT - A video by yours truly

I hope you all enjoy this shitty shlock compelling evidence for Earth's flatness. We can outscience the scientists!

Aren't you a few weeks early? If I were you, I'd release that on April 1.

I too have always wonder if the world is a flat disk and just like a conveyor belt that pulls the surface giving each half their time in the sun. It must be a conveyor belt system because if the moon always faces the sun, then the Earth must face the sun, but because the moon is some dead rock, its conveyor belt has stopped functioning.

Boring ol' vanilla Earth is flat, sure, but head over to ZEarth and the like and you'll experience plenty of advanced curvature software!!!

Arctangent said:

Boring ol' vanilla Earth is flat, sure, but head over to ZEarth and the like and you'll experience plenty of advanced curvature software!!!

All of my Flat Earth demos aren't compatible with ZEarth though!!

EDIT: A scary amount of people actually believe this horse shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apr3TBtnGrI

raymoohawk said:

if the earth is round why doesn't it roll over and crash us? checkmate scientits!

Probably because we're immortal and no one really dies, they just go to live in the underworld.

No, no, no, NO. Not this shit again. And just when I'm reading this fascinating book on physics, and this crock if shit shows up forthe third time.

Check and mate.

Marcaek said:

Many scientists feel we evolved from primates. The idea is insulting. They probably devolved from us. There are so many of us and so few of them meaning they must be the offshoot of us. You want proof? They look like us! No one ever said man we look like those primates!

Nice video. Its a little obvious that you don't believe it right from the beginning, I think you could bump up your troll game if you start the first several minutes posting incorrect statistics, and out of context quotes from physicists. You could then spiral into crazytown by posting doctored images and blatantly wrong information or information from no reputable sources such as reddit or dailymail. The later bits where you talked about scientists whose science is based on reality vs scientists who are based on being wrong is pretty funny.

I wish my old flat earth thread hadn't been post helled. It had a really fascinating video (which has since been taken down) with scientists, historians and science professors who talked pretty enthusiastically about the flat earth theory. If you haven't been previously informed about history and science youd find it to be pretty believable by their charisma and optimism alone (which is why I tried not to use a dissenting tone in the OP)

They make contentions that the earth is a spinning disc completely surrounded by Antarctica and as one ventures to the outside, the gravitational pull towards the center of the disc will bend your route unbeknownst to the traveler as they get further and further away and you eventually reach the ocean again from a different side of earth. This has caused Antarctica to be mistakenly charted as an island and not a surrounding land mass that covers the outside of the disc.

The catholic church once believed the earth was flat but once some famous physicist or astronomer (whos name escapes me) suggested that the earth is spherical, the catholic church-- which dominated the school systems was attacked by journalists as spreading anti-science. During that time period everyone believed everything they read and teaching of flat earth theories was driven out of the school curriculums, so hundreds of years later, people see and talk about and are taught that the earth is a globe without question, it has become increasingly difficult to suggest that it could be any other shape only because of the overwhelming majority of people agree without even attempting to review the evidence. Their friends and family and school teachers believe its a globe, so it must be true...?

The sattelites in space that have taken pictures of earth dont account for the gravitational pull of light, which distorts the image and makes it appear as a sphere. If the earth were not flat, engineers would have to design their bridges so the suspensions on both sides point upwards at an angle towards the sky to account for the curvature of the earth, but they only go up a few meters. (I forget the specifics of it, but their examples were rather convincing if correct)

For what its worth, its fascinating to look into if you're willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it wont be long before you find that if you speak to anti-globularists individually, they all cite different reasons and interpretations of scientific fact to prove the earth is flat or to disprove that the earth is a sphere, and there are very few agreed upon facts, which is how you can tell its kind of a mess.

I failed to mention I enjoyed this video. Make more please.

I get that this is satire, and I laughed my ass off, but an insane amount of people believe this sort of shit. I've been on an airplane, I own a telescope, I've been out to sea, snapped photos with a high-altitude model rocket, and met a real astronaut. Pretty much going to confirm for any doubters that the earth is mostly spherical, and that society creates drama because we've reached a peak where our lives are without much conflict or hardship.

Do people believe it or do people like being idiots for the sake of comedy?

geo said:

Do people believe it or do people like being idiots for the sake of comedy?

Check Facebook and YouTube. Dead serious idiots believe this shit.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback, fellas. I agree with 40 that I could up my troll game to "is he even joking?" standard and that's just what I plan to do in future. Other BOGUS THEORIES I intend to debunk soon:

Vaccines
Evolution (Team TNT are scientist shills!!!)
Psychology & Medicine

I also intend to talk about politics. Did you guys know that you're either left wing or right wing and subtlety is a myth?? Stay tuned.

Sick Bow said:

Check Facebook and YouTube. Dead serious idiots believe this shit.

Are they children?

A lot of people say "people think Africa is a country." Perhaps that too could be a topic. Australia is a country, therefore Africa is a country.

I look forward to your three other topics! Especially psychology & medicine.

You might also want to do one on "sleep medications do not work... you fall asleep on your own."

Arctangent said:

But GZEarth is fully 3D.

geo said:

Oh I can still deny it in the same way someone can hold a spherical globe and not a map while denying the Earth is spherical?

Then you might be in denial. He's merely unwrapping the conspiracy of scientism, using his irrefutable non-foolishness. It makes sense to him, and he's met God, so that puts him in pretty high esteem I'd say. You really can't deny it.

Soundblock said:

Then you might be in denial. He's merely unwrapping the conspiracy of scientism, using his irrefutable non-foolishness. It makes sense to him, and he's met God, so that puts him in pretty high esteem I'd say. You really can't deny it.

Denial is in ... Africa. How could I use a computer in a river then?

geo said:

Denial is in ... Africa. How could I use a computer in a river then?

Good point of view finders keepers don't score much more than meets the eye of the beholder.