Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Who are "followers" and where do they come from?

It's an army of your minions!

Yeah, it's converted from the buddy list. I only ever added people to it by accidental misclicks.

Maybe it's the other way around? i.e. people that added me to their buddy list are following me now.

38 minutes ago, Memfis said:

Maybe it's the other way around? i.e. people that added me to their buddy list are following me now.

This is probably it. I had no one on my buddy list (never used it after all this time), and after the update, I gain a couple dozen followers.

40 minutes ago, Memfis said:

This is exactly it.

Yeah, followers are people who had you in their buddy list. I just mentioned the other part, because I added people to my own buddy list by accident and didn't even bother to remove them.

Go check your profile > Manage Followed Content > Other > Members; you might follow someone unknowingly as well!

I got notifications for this thread, which probably leads me to changing my notification settings a bit.

3 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

People who are ready to do your bidding.

So does that mean they're like my slaves or something? I could use more of these 'followers' then.

I had no idea 13 people had me as a "buddy". I know HavoX had me on his ignore list once >.> not sure if he removed me though.

Go my thirteen minions! Seek out HavoX and bring his soul to me >:D

DISCLAIMER: I'm just being silly. Do not take this post seriously.

You call it "follower." I call it "stalker." :P

On 3/15/2017 at 3:24 AM, Voros said:

I had no idea 13 people had me as a "buddy". I know HavoX had me on his ignore list once >.> not sure if he removed me though.

Go my thirteen minions! Seek out HavoX and bring his soul to me >:D

Good luck with that. I disabled the follow function in my profile so I won't get hassled. That's like having to deal with the squirrels getting into our bird feeder.

Edited by HavoX : On second thought...

The followers. Who are they? Where are they now? 

They walk among us as one of us. We see them in our daily lives. The followers are always there, always following. Always. 

Stalkers that would probably love kill you.