Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

How to delete unused textures?

Archive > Maintenance > Remove unused textures.

P.S. Heh, I found my released megawad have 3 unused textures... this means I even not used this cool feature before.

Edited by riderr3

Just a small note, if I remember correctly this works with TEXTURE1 / TEXTURE2, and not the more modern TEXTURES ZDoom lump. Or at least it didn't in my experience.

It should work with TEXTURES since it's basically handled the same way as TEXTURE1/TEXTURE2.

Manually check which textures/flats have you used and which you have not using DB2, remove them from TEXTUREx, PNAMES and the lump itself from the WAD, completely break your TEXTUREx lump in the process, spend an hour fixing it, then make the map crash at startup due to accidentally removing some flats which were actually used, and after all those seven trials of hell end up with a clean WAD.

... and then a week later finding out about an option in SLADE that does the same, thanks riderr3.

That's at least how I do it.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:54 PM, Gez said:

It should work with TEXTURES since it's basically handled the same way as TEXTURE1/TEXTURE2.

I just got around to testing this on Slade 3.1.1.5 and I wasn't mistaken, at least based on my current WAD.  The "Remove Unused Textures" command doesn't work with a TEXTURES lump.

I deleted all PNAMES and TEXTUREx lumps, and went through the process of selecting the textures and Menu --> Graphic --> Add to TextureX, firstly picking TEXTUREX, and then repeating the whole process from scratch for TEXTURES.

Using the "Removes unused Textures" command on TEXTUREX found all the unused textures, on TEXTURES found none at all.  

Must be an oversight where it only specifically looks at the lumps named TEXTURE1 and TEXTURE2 instead of all texture definition lumps regardless of name.