Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

So where does your username come from?

Pavera said:

That's strange. I've heard the word pavera, meaning the big plate/dish where the turkey is served in Christmas/Thanksgiving. But I just found out it doesn't even appear in the rae.es]RAE's official dictionary. Weird.

Because when I registered I was a Freshman in High School. I had found out about, and loved the Dead Kennedys for two years, and after five years of Quake I felt like going back to Doom and I found Doomworld. My username still strikes me as jackass, but I've grown attached to it. I still see my DK avatar I uploaded over 10 years ago being used. Even though for some reason it uploaded with the lower spike being crooked, it's still in the database.

in the seas of "Doomhunters" that exist on pretty much any site now, i decided to change it up a bit with Doomhuntress, which surprisingly is a lot less used. i did use a doomhunter alias before that, but that's old.

this alias is actually outdated too, kind of. i usually go by Viscra Maelstrom everywhere else, but if i changed it here, people would probably be angry at me for making myself unrecognizable. :P

Doomhuntress said:

i usually go by Viscra Maelstrom everywhere else, but if i changed it here, people would probably be angry at me for making myself unrecognizable. :P

ohhhh I saw you on ZDoom forums a few times and thought that maybe Viscra Maelstrom and Doomhuntress were the same person. Good to have it confirmed!

As for mine: history shit

AD_79 said:

ohhhh I saw you on ZDoom forums a few times and thought that maybe Viscra Maelstrom and Doomhuntress were the same person. Good to have it confirmed!

As for mine: history shit

yeah, i'm one and the same. i try to keep myself familiar by only using avatars of my characters nowadays. i wonder if i should bridge the gap and ask to change my user here to Viscra Maelstrom too, though. i'd still use the same avatar, so maybe it'd work fine?

A lot of people that get name changes also get their old name in custom text. Or you could add it in a sig. So if you really want a username change you should go for it.

Same goes to you, Chu!

Nothing special. My nickname from QuakeWorld, pretty typical for this game.

Yuki means Snow (Japoonian).
Herz means Heart (Yellman).

Connect the dots.

Do note that i don't speak either of the languages.

plums said:

A lot of people that get name changes also get their old name in custom text. Or you could add it in a sig. So if you really want a username change you should go for it.

I personally want mine removed, but only because no one here cares about who I was before and I doubt they would care now.

Mine is what it sounds like. Doom rules. I just added the z to make it all cute and cat-sounding. I wanted my username to sound like a cute cuddly adorable little kitty cat saying it. :3

What? I <3 cats and dogs equally. =3

Surprised? Doomguy's a softy too... just because I'm muscular and handsome like Doomguy doesn't mean I'm hard and cold inside. =P I'm pretty soft inside... even if I do listen to death metal and thrash metal on a somewhat regular basis. =P

Doomhuntress said:

that sounds like a funny way to say ZDoom to me.

Now that I think about it. It does sound like a funny way to say ZDoom. =3

Though I generally play GZDoom, I also play ZDoom. =)

An embarrassingly banal name that my younger self made up some 15 years ago. (Favorite food at the time, nickname at the time), lucky number). When I joined Doomworld in 2008, I made it my username because I figured it would be easy to remember. Now that I'm almost 30, it makes me both cringe and chuckle at just how silly it is, yet it's too late to really change it so I'm stuck with it.

plums said:

Same goes to you, Chu!

I have tried to request said username change to just Coraline (I use it everywhere else), but I never got a response. Maybe I contacted the wrong admin or something. Can someone help me do that or point me in the right direction? It'll smooth stuff over and connect the dots across various accounts/etc.

Chu said:

I have tried to request said username change to just Coraline (I use it everywhere else), but I never got a response. Maybe I contacted the wrong admin or something. Can someone help me do that or point me in the right direction? It'll smooth stuff over and connect the dots across various accounts/etc.

Try PMing Linguica or Bloodshedder, maybe when you know they're online. If you don't get a response in a few days, try again.

Lots of folks changing their names recently, as the new software allows you to do that without bugging the mods. However, without the "Formerly X" titles, it's kinda hard to follow, who is who.

So, if you change your username, you can post about it here and not have people scratch their heads. :]

Changed mine from "Ragnor" to the username I use everywhere. In my infinite stupidity, when I registered on DW in 2008, I must have been very sleepy, because I signed up with my actual first name by mistake (for proof of my doofus mistake, look in the credits for Terraria on console or mobile >.>)

Been annoyed with this mistake for ever since. Thats... a long time. Feels good to have it fixed.

I see no reason to change mine anymore, I have been happy with it ever since it was changed from Doomsfall many (maybe 7) years ago.

I was thinking of changing mine into Gang Girl, but I don't see the point considering I go by Gangrel everywhere by default.

There's no real backstory behind this one. I just like this metal genre and I know about 125 bands in this genre. I've used it everywhere except Doom-related sites, including Twitter and some other site I'm basically a mod in. Also the k at the end is a homage to how some nu metal bands have intentional misspellings.

I'm debating on changing mine.  I don't know if I actually want to, or if I just think I want to because I suddenly can.

I used to be TraceOfSpades.  I changed it because my username was getting wrapped.  Fun fact, my late grandfather called me Tracer until the day he died.  Fond memories.  Plus, I am a gun and ammo enthusiast, and I always thought Tracer rounds were cool.

Edited by Tracer

13 minutes ago, nxGangGirl said:

Fuck it. I changed it anyway. New forum, new picture, new name right?

I guess I'll be making two changes to the credits screen of D2R.  But Gangr-...err...GangGirl, now your gender is no longer a mystery!