Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
untilitdies

Anyone want me to play their levels?

I'm trying to start making videos again, and I want to get better involved in this community, so I figured what better way to do so than to play people's levels?

I'm going to start with that Ancient Aliens WAD I hear so much about, but after that, I'll probably open it up to anyone who wants their WADs played. So, post em here, and I'll get to them!

Posting ftp link because I have trouble finding my WADs on the new frontend.

ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/levels/doom/j-l/

LOWMEM and JUPCARNx, please, whenever you feel like it, no rush or insistance or anything. :]

All of them are for vanilla UDoom. Thanks!

BTW I've wondered where have you disappeared, I still remember that first level of yours with the sudden sargeant ambush.

www.doomworld.com/files/file/17584-thy-prboom-maps/

If you wouldn't mind playing 17 maps of shit then you'd be the first person other than me to actually play through my drek on Youtube.

What source port do you use?

If prboom-plus, try Impure Offering:

It doesn't work right in Zandro, so don't try it in that source port.  If you play it in [G]ZDoom, make sure to set compatibility to "Boom (strict)"; you need the proper Boom stairbuilder, or it'll break.  Also, be sure to include cc4-tex.wad on your command line.

15 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Posting ftp link because I have trouble finding my WADs on the new frontend.

ftp://archives.gamers.org/pub/games/idgames/levels/doom/j-l/

LOWMEM and JUPCARNx, please, whenever you feel like it, no rush or insistance or anything. :]

All of them are for vanilla UDoom. Thanks!

BTW I've wondered where have you disappeared, I still remember that first level of yours with the sudden sargeant ambush.

Real life happened, mostly. Haven't had time to do anything Doom related for a while.

I would be honored if you would be willing to play through Skulldash . Other people have already posted videos and as such I've linked to the relevant videos on the website for this mod. It requires a 3.0 build of Zandronum, which has been included in the 'Full Download'.

Skulldash is an fast paced, arcade-like collect-em-all shooter mod for Doom 2, which adds a set of 'Skulltokens' which are required to unlock the exit to each level. There is a hub map which lets you walk around and choose which level you wish to play, reminiscent of older psx games such as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon.

skulldash-new-19.png

EDIT: I am working on an expansion pack with more levels and improved versions of all of the other levels, if this mod interests you enough I'd be more than happy for you to take a copy of the expansion beta, just drop me a pm if you want it! :)

Everyone, your maps look amazing, honestly. When I can get some decent video editing software, I'll start.

I'm a liiiiittle fuzzy with the whole sourceport thing (I always used Skulltag to play my games), but I'll try to get around to everyone's levels.

Will most likely start with Skulldash because it looks neat as hell.

25 minutes ago, untilitdies said:

Everyone, your maps look amazing, honestly. When I can get some decent video editing software, I'll start.

I'm a liiiiittle fuzzy with the whole sourceport thing (I always used Skulltag to play my games), but I'll try to get around to everyone's levels.

Just in case you haven't seen my map yet, here are a few screenshots with a bit of backstory. 

If you play it and decide to write your impressions, I would ask you to post them in my thread because I want it to gain a bit of traction.

5 hours ago, untilitdies said:

Just a heads-up -- Skulltag definitely won't work with Impure Offering.  I'd recommend grabbing prboom-plus.

It's the stairbuilder in the North-East corner.  There's a bug in older versions of ZDoom that was still unfixed in Zandro at the time I released the map (dunno if it's been fixed since then, I haven't tested it) where the "Boom" compatibility stairbuilder option didn't work exactly like the one in Boom, which caused the stairs on that particular stairbuilder to lower too far.

I would love you to play my new level its my third one so far here's the post link it has 2 Links RAR and ZIP

I totally both got my ass kicked and lost track of time with this one. I keep forgetting that time cleared doesn't always mean time played!

22 hours ago, untilitdies said:

Part one of Skulldash!

Awesome! Thanks for playing. Glad you';ve enjoyed it so far. To confirm, Level 02's 'fog filter' is crap in the software renderer and is something I intend to improve in the expansion. If you play it in OpelGL mode it looks much, much better and is actually playable, as seen below :)

skulldash-new-11.png

One tip I have for when/if you play more levels, which might sound a little mad at first, is to slow down just a little bit! Watching the video I can see you're rushing past so many easy to spot tokens and switches! :)

Was great fun to watch you zip around my levels though, glad you're both finding things you enjoy and sometimes feeling a touch of frustration, but not enough to give up on the spot!

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to the next episode(s)! :)

Sure, you can play my map :D 

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/travmoon

It's a fairly challenging map and fairly long too but, I think you should be fine as long as you don't stay stationary :D 

It is non linear in a sense that you have to grab all 3 keys (in any order) to open the final area. 

It is playable in prboom+, cl9 (that's how I tested it during the making) and it should be ok in other boom compatible ports. 

Depending on what port you play, there is a different music. ZDoom and the such (any port that supports mapinfo) have a music by dan terminus in the background (unfinished cathedral) and prboom has a track by jimmy (voyage) :D 

You can of course have the boom track play in zdoom by just bringing down the console and typing in "changemus d_runnin". 

Anyhow, have fun :)

17 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Awesome! Thanks for playing. Glad you';ve enjoyed it so far. To confirm, Level 02's 'fog filter' is crap in the software renderer and is something I intend to improve in the expansion. If you play it in OpelGL mode it looks much, much better and is actually playable, as seen below :)

skulldash-new-11.png

One tip I have for when/if you play more levels, which might sound a little mad at first, is to slow down just a little bit! Watching the video I can see you're rushing past so many easy to spot tokens and switches! :)

Was great fun to watch you zip around my levels though, glad you're both finding things you enjoy and sometimes feeling a touch of frustration, but not enough to give up on the spot!

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to the next episode(s)! :)

It's difficult, but an absolutely fair difficult! I only give up when I know I can't win, or I feel that the map is being generally unfair. Really cool map design!

ALSO:

What the hell is UDoom, and where can I get it?