Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

Rework in FreeDM maps

Damn Protox, this looks nice! I'm glad you have taken inspiration from my map. The theme definitively makes it stand out from others. When we improve each other's map, it gives very good results. This is a good example of community work.

I give you my best regards!

I love how you made it dark. I think there should more maps with that kind of lighting. The aquatex texures complement this also.
Looking forward to it!

Thanks guys ^^
Here comes the final version:
- Fixed bad lightning inside the "House".
- Added extra dm spots and weapons.
- Ammo placement corrected.
- Red armor replaced by Green armor.
- Minor texturing improvement.
- Added exit.

Its now playable and is occuping the duel slot 15, dont worry dm 15 is still going to back probably in slot 32.
http://www.geocities.ws/protox/FreeDoom/FreeDM/dm15.wad

Edit: Main topic updated, i bumped in a issue whit screenshots limits, soon i'll provide a work around in it.

^ Perfect! I played with three bots in Zandronum and the map has a good size for 2-4 players deathmatch.

I downloaded MAP09 from the link in the first post and it's different from the screenshot.

What's in circled in red in the screenshot is missing from the map. The version of the map that was uploaded may be wrong.

heh i stoped working in this maybe more time than i expected, also dont expect me back soon (i may or not) i simple have time to do it but i dont fell comfortable to map, probably i'm bored of it for a time...

its my style i tend to frost sometimes, but i'm around seeing the ativity in forum.

this post is also a useless bump to you guys know of i'm alive :P

i'll try it when possible (maybe 4 days) my tried to format my nootbook and that dont goes has i planned so i'll have to redo it.

all maps got updated in whit the most recent fixes in:
http://www.geocities.ws/protox/FreeDoom/FreeDM/

ok i'm revived :P and im backing to work on it to the next release, i'll just finish dm11 and maybe the dm10 too then i'll reopen the pull request, if you guys have suggentions i'm needing for name for the maps mostly the new ones, and few testing most in gameplay since all maps runs perfectly in vannila.

also trying to switch theme in dm11:

I'm still working at making MAP08 a better map.

I'm using some Aquatex textures which will put a bit of diversity into the maps.

Here's the whole screenshot album with commentary: http://imgur.com/a/E9wpM

I will make the PWAD available for testing when I'll have done some further work.

Sure thing, Xin. Do what you like with dm10. I'm kinda wrapped up in College work again, so I actually ended up forgetting about the thing. ^^;

The replacement for map10 is great. Even though it has approximately the same layout as map08 (and was probably meant to replace it), it ended up being a very different map and it should be kept at all cost because it's original.

i just forget the reason of this screenshot. rip

this one i was wondering if i can go outside whit rocketjump, nope.

why i cant crouch inside here?

nice light inside this thing but its dark :P

i can get inside whitout any rocket cheat, neat.

this is the way of i did to get there.

Xindage said:

pictures and comments

Thank you for your comments. I've fixed the map so that you can't get to these areas where you are not supposed to go to. I designed the map for vanilla Doom and I realized that I had to put some impassable linedefs so people who play in Zdoom with jump+crouch and even rocketjump enabled can't get outside of the map or go inside these places that are only meant to hold weapons. In this map, you can even hit the ceiling by jumping.

😊

New version: https://ufile.io/44204

There are some minor design details I'm not sure about, but when I'm decided about them, I will do a PR for the map because it's 99.5% finished.

Xindage said:

new dm16 well i did this map to looks like udmx instead it got terrible (in my points of view) so if you guys want it just tell me but personaly i'm ready to rekt this map off

It's better than the current map16.

I made a few changes to take advantage of the latest textures that were merged yesterday. 

The rocks were changed and also the brown textures at the back of the tree (they looked flat and blurry). 

0Sn8bnTl.png

The floors over the rocks also have a texture that matches. 

SHeHOiRl.png

Download: https://ufile.io/ecb30   <-- 122KB map

It can't be submitted to be included in FreeDM yet because there are visplane overflows and I get over the segs limit. 

EDIT: https://ufile.io/58542 Fixed version with visplane overflows removed. I had to simplify some areas  :(  or make them less visible from other places. The game can still go over the segs limit, bug it won't crash vanilla Doom and I made sure the HOM were not visible. The vanilla engine is not very optimized, some segs are hidden and it bothers computing them. A visplane overflow can still happen at someplace if you jump, but I don't know any source ports where you can jump that are not limit removing. I made this map too much detailed for vanilla Doom, but now it's fine. 106KB is still huge for such a small map. 

Edited by axdoom1

There's a HOM here on my map. Can any one explain why it shows up correctly in Doom Builder, but not in Chocolate-Doom?

p9brpbn.png

Chocolate-Doom:

laCiV7x.png

EDIT: I only have to move a vertex of the wall a bit and it fixes it. Weird. It may be a bug with Doom Builder or the node builder. 

Edited by axdoom1

When done you can send me and i'll put in my storage and in first topic too, anyway if you want me look for VPO or SOF send me the wad i can take a look.

Guys anyone is creative here to set the map names?

The map names are already set in FreeDM courtesy of people like Voltcom9... joe-ilya (he's gonna have to be credited soon).

Unless your looking to change them all with new names, I say it's time to bring Voltcom9 in here again. Voltcom9's names are awesome.

few maps are new and the ones major edited maybe a creative name is good, also we have a map named metal... something else can fit better i suppose.

The HOM could be a node builder error: 

I'm going to fix this. Anyways, it bugs me not to be exactly sure. 

I had the name "meat factory" for my map, but I'm totally open to a better name. 

Fixed version @Xindage

map08_8.zip

I hope I won't be tempted to modify this map ever again. I'm a perfectionist and I made a dozen of small changes this week. 

Edited by axdoom1