Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mancubus88

Help with Doom Builder 2 textures

I'm trying to use the F_SKY3 texture (hell sky) but I can't find it anywhere! Even when I customise the texture sets in the game configuration tab and add the texture I want it STILL isn't there. Please help :(

4 hours ago, Mancubus88 said:

I'm trying to use the F_SKY3 texture (hell sky) but I can't find it anywhere! Even when I customise the texture sets in the game configuration tab and add the texture I want it STILL isn't there. Please help :(

Maybe it's just SKY3 or RSKY3 in doom2? To change the sky texture you put f_sky1 as a sky and change the skytexture with either with the mapinfo or sky transfer.

Sky transfer is boom-compatible on linedef action 271.

More info on mapinfo:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAPINFO

12 hours ago, Jaska said:

Maybe it's just SKY3 or RSKY3 in doom2? To change the sky texture you put f_sky1 as a sky and change the skytexture with either with the mapinfo or sky transfer.

Sky transfer is boom-compatible on linedef action 271.

More info on mapinfo:

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/MAPINFO

All I want to do is have a hell themed sky but I can't access the texture file even though I can see it right there in the texture packs. It just gives me the basic sky texture from MAP 01

First, the differences:

- F_SKY1 is the only one prefaced by F_ and is the flat used by the engine to determine what sector ceilings should render sky.

- RSKY1-3 are the raw texture lump names of the sky graphics themselves that you find in the IWAD.

- SKY1-3 are the TEXTURE1 defined sky textures, and also the names you should be using.

To give a map the hell sky that occupies the early slots is pretty straightforward.

1) A vanilla compatible way is to replace RSKY1 with RSKY3 in a PWAD that also contains whatever else like your maps. This method will work in all ports, but don't forget the correct markers.

2) A modern and quicker way is to put sky1 = "SKY3" in MAPINFO in a map definition. Note that you can also use RSKY3 and it will still work. You can use anything here AFAIK and it will show up as the sky for ports that read MAPINFO.

3) A Sky transfer, although I personally know nothing about them nor never used them.

If there was a list of "weird things about Doom that confuses every mapper when they first start out", how to change the Sky would be number one.

Number two I suspect would be switches not working until the linedef is flipped.