Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

REKKR - V1.16

This is looking pretty sweet; definitely looking forward to playing this. Keep up the great work, Revae!

Revae said:

I dunno. Probably this year.

Keeping my fingers crossed. c:

I need this. Nothing to add but more hype, but this looks great. My broke ass is glad it's gonna be free, but nonetheless I do (still!) believe you should be rewarded for the effort happening here.

Maybe next project. Got some ideas kicking around that would utilize GZDoom-GPL.

Angry Saint said:

Gentleman, you had my curiosity… but now you have my attention.

I have to play around with 3D modeling and various scripting in doom to see how feasible my idea is. For now I'll just worry about REKKR and day dream about what's next.

Gez said:

Whoever built this place had excellent taste in interior decorating.

That's from a museum map... Took a while to get all the exhibits in there. That's from the art wing.

Uz0fuGO.png
No saving in REKKR, guys. :-p
Didn't even know this was a thing that could happen.

7 hours ago, Revae said:

Uz0fuGO.png
No saving in REKKR, guys. :-p
Didn't even know this was a thing that could happen.

If all other vanilla limits are respected, probably it is due to too many THING to account for when saving the map. The existence of this limit has been of some concern for vanilla projects like Freedoom and BTXS:

From what I understood, they simply didn't care about it as it is only a chocolate doom problem (apart from original doom2.exe, but I think no one play it anymore). There should be an option in chocolate to disable this limit, I think.

Yeah.  Two affected maps and one unaffected map have around 525+ things in them, so that seems to be a soft limit.  Not sure what all plays into the save file size. Everything else is within vanilla limits.

Generally with vanilla projects such as BTSX, the only vanilla limit that gets flat-out ignored is the savegame buffer.

1 hour ago, Tracer said:

If you need any item sprites made, I'd love to help.

Thanks for the offer.  The sprites are nearly all done though.  Around 1000 of them...

Just mapping left on my end (finished a map today actually, so that makes 8 done), and some final boss sprites and maybe some more decorations if I think of anything good.

4 minutes ago, Revae said:

Thanks for the offer.  The sprites are nearly all done though.  Around 1000 of them...

Just mapping left on my end (finished a map today actually, so that makes 8 done), and some final boss sprites and maybe some more decorations if I think of anything good.

Just take you time and inspect your work.I hope REKKR does not become REKKR Forever

19 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

I hope REKKR does not become REKKR Forever

581SXE3.png
Coming out "when it's done".

35 minutes ago, Revae said:
6 minutes ago, Revae said:

581SXE3.png
Coming out "when it's done".

I CAN NOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS WITH MY GRANDCHILDREN!!!