Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher`

custom sounds are dud

I'm having a problem with the sounds that imported, and are using with the SNDINFO lump for Zdoom, In doom, these all sound all staticky, serious loud annoying mess. I am importing a few Quake2 sounds, using Quark 5.10. Also I don't really have a sound editor, just the crappy windoze thing. If anyone can help, please?

i figured out how to fix it, instead of importing the wav with nwtpro, i just used wintex. simpfix

ZDoom now supports a type of compression for sound lumps ask randy for it in ZDoom forums, your large sound lumps would be 2 or 3 times smaller!

does that work with wave files? I could really use that, as I've got about 4 megs worth of sounds in my Zdoom project (and of course wav files don't zip at all well....)

Is that just the latest version of ZDoom or does it work with 1.23 beta 33?

Sphagne is talking about compressing sounds using Ogg (Vorbis). Since ZDoom will support anything FMOD will support (and the above statement about ZDoom maxing out at 22050hz is NOT true, by the way, because FMOD supports more), ZDoom will play .MOD/.XM/.IT, .MP3, .OGG, .WAV...

Ravage: Find the console command to increase your sample playback rate. Turn it up to 44khz.