Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vincent0s

MAP01: Going for hell

After my experimental WAD (.../forum/topic/93155-my-first-wad/#comment-1723095)

This is my first 'real' map.

I made this map not to be easy, i enjoyed testing it.

Hope you'll enjoy too and ill appreciate feedback :).

Tested with: Zdoom
Number of maps: 1
WAD: doom2

Update v1.1

Notes:

+ Added lighting

+ Removed Revs @ Nukeroom and added super shotgun for who missed secret at the begin

+ Made secrets more clear

+ Red teleport hall way, door closes behind you, more intense combat also added new monsters

+ Added ammo and health

+ Entrance at the nukeroom, has a pool of 5% hurt so you now forced to enter the room at once, so no more camping at entrance, this was how it was supposed to be played

+ Special thanks to Suitepee for his gameplay

Happy playing

Download 1.1:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8at3zhmuv4w3b1u/SladeVin2_v1.1.wad

Download 1.0: https://www.mediafire.com/?e8lpw6jtaaayo4v

Tip if your having a hard time with the first Arch-vile encounter:

Defeat the 'weaker' enemies first, watch out for the barrels, when hes busy resurrecting attack him.

Screenshots:

scr1.jpg

newscr2.jpg

scr2.jpg

newscr.jpg

scr3.png

scr4.jpg
scr5.jpg
scr6.jpg
scr7.jpg

Edited by vincent0s

Great improvement over some of the maps in your other WAD! And yeah it is definitely a challenge. The horde of zombiemen at the beginning was a hurtle unto itself. I got lucky and the Changunner dropped his weapon where I could grab it. A little problem I found is that the door at the beginning that opens with the switch seems to also raise the inner wall next to it. If this was intentional you will want to unpeg the wall there so it doesn't make the wall look like it's moving. If you want the tracks to move like that I can respect that as a creative choice, but the wall bit is funky looking.

fC3AqFb.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/130728649 (it's the last wad I test, about 2 hours into it)

Good use of stock textures, despite various alignment problems. Not so sure about the 'door' texture usage in that first fight room though.

Gameplay was decent throughout; questionably a bit more health here and there might have been nice, but I managed to persevere. The revenant placement in the nukage room was awful, as even one or two people in my chat agreed.

On 21-3-2017 at 7:08 AM, NecrumWarrior said:

Great improvement over some of the maps in your other WAD! And yeah it is definitely a challenge. The horde of zombiemen at the beginning was a hurtle unto itself. I got lucky and the Changunner dropped his weapon where I could grab it. A little problem I found is that the door at the beginning that opens with the switch seems to also raise the inner wall next to it. If this was intentional you will want to unpeg the wall there so it doesn't make the wall look like it's moving. If you want the tracks to move like that I can respect that as a creative choice, but the wall bit is funky looking.

fC3AqFb.png

Thanks! soon ill release An update.

On 23-3-2017 at 11:35 PM, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/130728649 (it's the last wad I test, about 2 hours into it)

Good use of stock textures, despite various alignment problems. Not so sure about the 'door' texture usage in that first fight room though.

Gameplay was decent throughout; questionably a bit more health here and there might have been nice, but I managed to persevere. The revenant placement in the nukage room was awful, as even one or two people in my chat agreed.

Thank you for your gameplay, i am using it for smoothing gameplay and fixxing :)

ps removed the rev in the nukeage room, and added the super shotgun (for who missed the secret in the begin ;) )