Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Is it just me, or are the bots in DOOM 4 the best I've seen?

Their movement is just amazing, if I'm honest with you guys. What do you think about them?

EDIT: Let me address that this isn't a trashpost, I'm serious. I got done playing some bot matches and I was amazed at how much of a fight they were able to put up.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

They follow waypoints, Like any other bot i played against in any other game.

Is that true? It seemed like they had free roaming, ID Software did a good job on them regardless.

They are fairly competent, I'm glad they are around since I like to practice the stages and weapons with bots. I'm a little too damn old to be much of a threat against real players, despite being lured into a false sense of ability when the MP beta hit the ps4 and I was ruling everyone. Ah well fun while it lasted!

I'd rank them a bit under Unreal Tournament ('99 or '04). They're competent, and I appreciate their inclusion since bots seem largely ignored nowadays and that saddens me. Really good bots like UT's kind of fascinate me and it allows future players to get a good idea of what a game played like, or can just be fun to stomp solo/with friends.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:31 PM, AbsorbedHatch said:

Is that true? It seemed like they had free roaming, ID Software did a good job on them regardless.

At the end of the day they are still programs, so they can't really take decisions, at least not without a specific scenario.