Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
wesleyjohnson

smallfun updated for DoomLegacy 1.46

Continued from DoomLegacy thread. This a wad that Jon had made which had a two level lift, but was made for an old version of DoomLegacy. I have updated it to DoomLegacy 1.46 using 3d floors. It has an elevator with two levels. Getting to the plasma gun is still tricky because of the button placement. smallfun_WJ2.zip (13.77KB) Download Page Link https://www.sendspace.com/file/nu54ir

Edited by wesleyjohnson

That two level elevator has to be an elevator. I could not figure any way to make it work for a lift. Lifting a 3dfloor sector requires that the sector ceiling move too, because that is the floor of the 3d slab.

I considered something equivalent. I have a file of ideas I want to add, but also have some doubts that there would be much acceptance adding any new linedefs. Several year ago I started a file with some 20 to 30 new linedefs to extend Doom in the manner of Boom extensions. I called them Doom2017_extensions, but 2017 got here before I got them refined to the extent that I would go through the pain of sharing them.

I have some eternity source, so I can look it up.

Is there any way to launch Doom Legacy in opengl by default? Without adding -opengl parameter and without a batch file.

Small fun was a demo level really for features that don't exist anymore. It could be adapted to use the newer linedef numbers, 3D floors etc but there exist much better maps demonstrating those features already. I only really dig it out to see whether it would work and the answer is it doesn't: but that's ok, because really nobody cares anyway, the replacement features are probably a decade old themselves! Thanks for taking the time to poke at it though.

Launching doomlegacy with -opengl requires the command line switch at this time. I have plans to change that in 1.47 where I will try to bring all the command line graphics selections into the menu system. The one difficulty is being able to display menus in a default window without being told which drawing mode to use.

One option on windows is to create one of those program indirections and edit the command line to have the -opengl switch.

To get formatting, edit and stick in some extra html paragraph tags.

Huh: After about 60 seconds of staring at another error message and a collapsed edit box, some halfway usable edit buttons have shown up, and I can actually see the message box.  It looks about as crude as my DoomLegacy launch menu, something like Motif.  Do not like the long delay for it to show up.  ... I actually got a save button now.

Edited by wesleyjohnson

20 hours ago, wesleyjohnson said:

One option on windows is to create one of those program indirections and edit the command line to have the -opengl switch.

I using "always add these parameters" options in ZDL. So that's my favorite launcher!