Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Soul Land??

Why do I keep remembering that "The Spirit World" (Doom2 map28) was called "Soul Land"?

Was map28 really called "Soul Land" in an older version of Doom2 or is it just my bad memory?

No, I'm not on drugs!

CyRaptor said:

On one of the console ports, maybe? Still doesn't seem likely.

Sadly, The Spirit World (my fave Doom 2 map) has yet to be ported to a console. But If Doom II GBA is all it claims to be, perahps we'll get it this time. along with the Archvile, Chaingunner,and Baphomet.
Actually, I already know there is a chaingunner. saw one in a pic.

Screw GBA ports. I want the whole friggin' DOOM Collector's Edition to be ported RIGHT. It should be for every friggin' system and support system link and all those other multiplayer goodies.

Maybe more than 4 player support, extra maps for deathmatch, and maybe even exclusive DOOM III info would be nice, huh?

Well, in the meantime, I'll be shooting at that brown pixel over there and... wait... it turned red.... wha.. FIREBALL!

::edit:: Ok, the GBA ports aren't that bad, but you get my point. ::edit::

You know what would be awesome? A doom with all of the original maps from doom and doom two, along with all the maps from final doom, the master levels, Doom 64 and the extra PSX maps (or any other ports.) all the levers would have the PSX music, or the beefed up midis, along with coloured lighting, ect, plus, you could switch between the default doom sprites, or the Doom 64 sprites. and finally, Md2s made by Adrian Carmack and Kevin Cloud!

I think the ultimate state of mind I reach will be where I can recreate every Doom map ever made in my mind and play them through selectively, or perhaps even be playing 8 Doom games or more in my head at teh same time, like same insane chess grandmaster.

If I get that powerful, remind me to take over the world.

Who needs Doom ported to other platforms?
If you have a PC it's fine - then you can play Doom the way it should be played.
j/k about the first line in this post.