Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

High Quality Skyboxes

I have been trying to find some high quality skyboxes for use in one of my projects. I have a bunch of skyboxes from Quake 3, Cube 2, Red Eclipse and Xonotic. Though most of those images are great for Doom, Heretic and Hexen style mods they are not quite what I am looking for. Not for this project anyways. To describe the project in brief it is using a minimalist approach to the graphics. Each graphic is colored into 7 different tints with 3 shades of each. The skyboxes, however, do not need to be in 3 different shades but I need the flexibility to apply the 7 different tints to them.

The type of skyboxes that I am looking for include a starfield, evening sky and anything that is techno in nature. The techno style skyboxes can be Tron style or be similar in nature. Here is an example of what I would like to see for the starfield skybox.

203fb80e7bec54e79ae3fcf3b8389b504ec26ad4

Here are some of the skybox textures that I have so far. These are a skybox that I recolored from Red Eclipse. *Edit* I have also included some early screenshots to demonstrate what I have done with the textures and to give you a better idea of what I am looking for.

Edited by Halfblind

Thank you Tetzlaff, the yellow techno and cyberspace grid might work fine for my project. The HQ star-field will not work because it is realistic. The other 2 I will have to see if I can edit them in Photoshop and see if they can be recolored and edited for my project.

You're welcome. You can browse the textures on Gamebanana, there are other surreal looking skyboxes that might fit in your concept.