Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

Doom the way YOU did (for real this time)

I'm confused. Is this to create completely new maps somewhat based on the originals? Crate maps based on names? I don't think your goal is very well spelled out here. I'd certainly try to contribute if I can. 

1 minute ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I'm confused. Is this to create completely new maps somewhat based on the originals? Crate maps based on names? I don't think your goal is very well spelled out here. I'd certainly try to contribute if I can. 

Well you can contribute by taking one of your favorite maps from the doom games and recreate it in your own style.

As NecrumWarrior said, it needs a goal, indeed. Not just a couple of maps by different mappers.

1 minute ago, riderr3 said:

As NecrumWarrior said, it needs a goal, indeed. Not just a couple of maps by different mappers.

The goal is to recreate your favorite map from any Doom game in your personal style

17 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

Map01 of the CP or Map01 of Doom 2?

Are you implying that this won't be in the same order as the original maps?

I'm interested, btw. No idea what map I want to take yet, though.

It would not be in the same order if there is a re-imagining of Map01 (from Doom 2,Plutonia and Evilution),E1M1 and the first map of Doom 64 all in one wad.

3 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

It would not be in the same order if there is a re-imagining of Map01 (from Doom 2,Plutonia and Evilution),E1M1 and the first map of Doom 64 all in one wad.

holy cow i didn't even realize this covered so many games :o

exactly how many maps do you intend on having in the end?

1 minute ago, bonnie said:

holy cow i didn't even realize this covered so many games :o

exactly how many maps do you intend on having in the end?

32 maps like most megawads but if get less then i will just fill it with my maps untill it gets 1 or 2 episodes long (so 9 or 18 maps).

I think Doom 3 should be allowed. Just because it's weaker than the other entries doesn't mean it couldn't yield some interesting results in this sort of project. In fact I would think this sort of project would be very conducive to Doom 3 since it allows taking what are pretty well designed levels and utilizing them in an engine that's more fun.

I really think Doom 3, Doom 64 and new Doom maps should be remade in their respective engines. I'm not interested in seeing a Doom 3 inspired map in an engine with washed out light effects, sprites and MIDI music.

As for the rest, this sounds very much like the finished "Doom 2 in Name Only" project, where you had to design your own idea based on the given level name.

DIBS ON THE FACTORY MAP! (from doom2 ofc)

Is there a deadline to these things? Anyways I like putting machines in maps so I have a good idea what to do :D

SUBURBS! (from doom2)

Can get more creative there.

Nice this thing become real.

I like to join, so we re-create the levels from scratch based from name (a la doom 2 in name only) or we remade the original maps in our own style? Personally I think of the second option according to the project info....

Also, I don't think zdoom port will not be necessary for such a project, vanilla doom 2 and boom engines will be enough IMHO

43 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Also, I don't think zdoom port will not be necessary for such a project, vanilla doom 2 and boom engines will be enough IMHO

Why not allow leveraging of powerful port features if needed? Because of lack of discipline? (I usually use vanilla mapping tropes even if I map my project for Eternity, only using advanced stuff when called for)

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Nice this thing become real.

I like to join, so we re-create the levels from scratch based from name (a la doom 2 in name only) or we remade the original maps in our own style? Personally I think of the second option according to the project info....

The latter and the zdoom port is necceary because of the 2 secret levels ;) ;) (They will be Quake 1/2/4 maps)

Edited by Za Warudo

35 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

The latter and the zdoom port is necceary because of the 2 secret levels ;) ;) (They will be Quake 1/2/4 maps)

Get it!

3 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

Can I please use Zdoom port aswell? I tried making my map for boom, and it doesn't feel like my kind of thing.

You can,i am making a map for zdoom too

2 hours ago, Za Warudo said:

You can,i am making a map for zdoom too

If you're going to allow zdoom, please mark which ones are for zdoom in your little map list thing so that people know. Also mark boom and vanilla format ones, too.

I don't mind which map slot you put me in but I'd like to make my own tribute to Doom 2's MAP 12 - The Factory

probably Boom format and with a custom MIDI tune of my own design

sounds like a cute project really

21 minutes ago, bonnie said:

If you're going to allow zdoom, please mark which ones are for zdoom in your little map list thing so that people know. Also mark boom and vanilla format ones, too.

I think i will split the maps into 3 episodes:

Doom format

Boom format

ZDoom format

Here's a Club Doom remake(or would it technically be demake?). Made just today. Any slot will do.

Compatibility: For vanilla, but tested in PrBoom+ and ZDoom.

Description: It has been many years since the incident happened. You and your company were tasked with taking out a gang of snuff film-producing murderers led by a man known only as Mr. Fat. They had evaded the police for decades, and hope had dwindled down. A corporate tycoon in the weapons industry by the name of Josh Overwarp, looking to improve his public image after multiple media outlets reported several fatal flaws in his newest line of semi-automatic rifles made for service and defence, sent a hired company of mercenaries and a private investigator after Mr. Fat's gang. Unfortunately, the PI he hired died during the task, shot point-blank in the head at the firing range, autopsy confirmed it was the same model of rifle he was found dead with. Your company however had personally tracked the gang down to a strip club and brothel in Babylon, New York. You never expected to see what you saw in there, but you did. Now, long after the midnight gunfight in that hole of depravity, fate has brought you back somehow. The murmuring of demons can be heard from the front door, and the place smells just as bad now as it did back then.

ClubDoom.zip

Just now, Mosshopper said:

Here's a Club Doom remake(or would it technically be demake?). Made just today. Any slot will do.

Compatibility: For vanilla, but tested in PrBoom+ and ZDoom.

Description: It has been many years since the incident happened. You and your company were tasked with taking out a gang of snuff film-producing murderers led by a man known only as Mr. Fat. They had evaded the police for decades, and hope had dwindled down. A corporate tycoon in the weapons industry by the name of Josh Overwarp, looking to improve his public image after multiple media outlets reported several fatal flaws in his newest line of semi-automatic rifles made for service and defence, sent a hired company of mercenaries and a private investigator after Mr. Fat's gang. Unfortunately, the PI he hired died during the task, shot point-blank in the head at the firing range, autopsy confirmed it was the same model of rifle he was found dead with. Your company however had personally tracked the gang down to a strip club and brothel in Babylon, New York. You never expected to see what you saw in there, but you did. Now, long after the midnight gunfight in that hole of depravity, fate has brought you back somehow. The murmuring of demons can be heard from the front door, and the place smells just as bad now as it did back then.

ClubDoom.zip

0_0

I think you did not understand what this CP is about.You need to chose a map from one of the Doom games and recreate it in your personal style.

Just now, Za Warudo said:

You need to chose a map from one of the Doom games and recreate it in your personal style.

I did.