Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ermin

Solace Dreams - (Version 1.6.4) SOME progress.

MhoHRrU.png

That is a big file. A heads-up: don't bundle things like source ports with your wads. Indicate that it requires GZDoom version whatever and provide a link to download it from where it's officially hosted. Some people might already have it. GZDoom isn't big enough to account for most of that 100 megs, so I'd also wonder what else you might have bundled (mp3s? Brutal Doom?). Also, many people will be hesitant to download such a big file from a first-time poster with no screenshots provided and not much info about what the mod is or does. 

this comment has been moved to top post

Edited by Ermi : added more details

Ok, I had a quick look round. Got some interesting ideas going and the resources look nice and all but the first map is very dull.

I see what your trying todo, coding and model wise it seems excellent, I wish I could make stuff like that!

However its just going to be a slow chugger with the main character being a school girl, that can fire uzis and use knifes etc... That in my book is lame, its uncreative, un-immersive as well and a general put off for me.

If your happy with where its going, then keep going! You make mods etc for yourself first, others second, I'm sure people out there will enjoy this, especially if you get the levels more action orientated, however its not for me, so all the best sir!

I don't mind playing as female or male characters for the record! 

On 4/2/2017 at 3:39 PM, Liberation said:

-the first map is very dull.

thanks for your input good sir, i understand this might not be for all players. it was intended to start off very slow to welcome the playing to the mechanics and play style of the game. but really its gona be a boss fighter (10? bosses) with just a few enemies to compliment the levels. each boss of course being progressively harder similar to dark souls mixed in with a bit of silent hill 3.

this is definitely no fast paced action doom game. im going for the opposite approach.
Thanks for your comment man.

Edited by Ermin

Just saying it, how it is. Did you want me to bullshit you?

I made multiple comments, some positive some negative, considering its a 100mb key hunt I thought I was being fair (except the comment on the character, that's my personal taste) but whatever..

5 hours ago, Liberation said:

Just saying it, how it is. Did you want me to bullshit you?

I made multiple comments, some positive some negative, considering its a 100mb key hunt I thought I was being fair (except the comment on the character, that's my personal taste) but whatever..

Am I missing something? It didn't sound like he was offended but was genuinely thanking you for the input

13 minutes ago, Tango said:

Am I missing something? It didn't sound like he was offended but was genuinely thanking you for the input

Perhaps I did take that the wrong way

Apologies @Ermin for being grouchy, good luck with your project.

Very impressive. I'm pretty amazed and what you've managed to do with Doom. Unfortunately it gave my computer its first BSOD somehow.

UPDATE 0.3

fairground complete.
new boss and enemies added.
(some things still need adjusting but its all functioning correctly so far)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wyolwyqbk68mt7/ErminMod.7z?dl=0

use idkfa AFTER picking up the shotgun.
shells have not been placed yet for boss fight.

some may experience lag on fairground stage. this is currently being fixed. sorry for inconvenience
using IDCLEV cheat may ruin some scripts for some levels.

Edited by Ermin : Lag has now been reduced slightly. weaker computers may still suffer.

Forgot to mension in post level 99 is a test level for users to move around and explore, all items and weapons in the game can be picked up here.
some things may still be buggy since alot has changed since then.

Edited by Ermin : (outdated - Removed level in latest update)

Up coming nightclub boss fight in version 0.4
New stage coming soon stay tuned. (Out dated image)

321.png

Edited by Ermin : (Out dated image)

On 6/8/2017 at 9:11 PM, Weavaloid said:

Nice to see you again, Zygo. I thought you'd never come back. I'll check this project out! (y)

Registered just to make one post

Things that make you go hmm...

Well, this certainly looks unique and interesting. I'll reserve judgement for the time being since this is incomplete but I'm curious how it will turn out!

Edit: I was mistaken. A very small shrine this isn't.

Edited by Csonicgo

On 6/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, dew said:

Hes an old friend, helped me out years ago with resources ect. Hes a good guy, he done a lets play of my old Possest wad.

Edited by Ermin

Update 0.3.6
Strategy guide added to top post along with enemies and bosses.
Added 2 new enemies. (Cyberpunk Mage & Cyberthug)
NightClub 90% complete. Currently working on boss fight.

Next release Estimated on the 18th with full playable nightclub in version 0.4.

More to come stay tuned.

A first impression of the nightclub boss idle pose and design. giant arm and mounted minigun/cannon.
(i take no credit for the digital illustration only the voxel - based off cyberpunk image found on google)

Ive also added a donations tab to my paypal account if you wish to support me in development.
Remember this stuff takes alot of time, it would provide a massive incentive to continue and improve.
As a reward for your payments any persons that donates the most before completion of the mod will have there own specific level built in the game complete to there own specifications with there own enemies and boss designs. Thank you!

DONATE
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/ErminioLucente/1?yours=true

Untitled.png

So what you're saying is you'll do a load of design work if I donate $0.01? Sounds good to me!

The few screenshots that have been posted look great by the way, keep it up!

21 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

So what you're saying is you'll do a load of design work if I donate $0.01? Sounds good to me!

The few screenshots that have been posted look great by the way, keep it up!

Thankyou! And yes indeed. Towards the end of the project the winner (the person who donates the most) will have there own level designed with as much detail as the doom engine and i can handle. all you will have to do is simply write up and draw specific details of what you want an consider it done. The dead line is to the point i complete the project, with the winners bonus level being last. Or simply donate nothing an enjoy the game once its complete :)

Edit: Sorry i was not specific. That is just one small level with about 2 or 3 types of enemies and one major boss battle.
       Similar to the current theme of the game.

Edited by Ermin

On 10-6-2017 at 5:09 PM, dew said:

Ermin and I have been friends for a long time now and I never could've bothered making an forum account untill now.

People that make you go hmm....

I'm not saying that I doubt you, couldn't care less if I was honest, but to be fair to dew it's not been unheard of for some poeple around here to pop on a newly made account and compliment themselves in attempt to boost their appearance.

Version 0.4 Update
-Nightclub items and story notes added.
-Victoria Boss fight and stage complete.
-Minor Fixes to previous stages.
-Weapon updates.
-Sprite updates.
-Overall file size lowered by 50mb! (Currently 110mb)
-Massive update to site Strategy adding new images and guide info. CONTAINS SPOILERS

Version 0.4 will be released on site some time tomorrow if your curious to play, but will effect your overall experience when final product is complete.

If any body has any opinions on the project or things they would like to see in up coming updates please dont hesitate to post.

Version 0.4.5 Coming Soon!
What to expect in upcoming update...
-New horror themed school stage and enemies.
-New music and items.
-Intro Sequence FINALY!

Upcoming 0.4.5 Teaser
Prepare for the upcoming school stage.
Fight in complete darkness with your head light and pistol.
Challenge the muscle bound boss in the school courtyard and much more.

Estimated completion date 30th June

SCHOOL.jpg

Children of the night added. Boss coming soon.
deadly fiends that continuously phase in and out stalking there prey.
(Based on silent hills armless man)

12.jpg
Other fixes include reduced dust particles which killed frames.