Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

Doom the way YOU did (for real this time)

11 hours ago, StraightGib'nEm said:

MrD!zone your maps not too shabby. If I could make a suggestion I would swap the imp and former human locations in the blue room to give access to their ammo drops. Found myself short on ammo. Had to go fisticuffs with a demon. Playing on mobile so that's probably affecting my accuracy. But nonetheless good map

Ok. Hows this?  EDIT: fixed some stuff and added some stuff.

TheEntryway.zip

Edited by MrD!zone

I'm in.

Should say the Aztec (Plutonia MAP03) is one of my favourite maps so I will try recreating this in Boom format.

@MrD!zone 
Not bad, but may be you add more decorations and secrets at the starting point? And map have one stucked candelabra.
Also better upload on mediafire or something.

Edited by riderr3

I'm dropping out of this project. Not because I'm not confident, but I'd like to take this map idea with me and make it in Eternity, not Boom. The port needs more maps, especially individual map releases.

Should we change rsky1 for the whole wad? we could use one of the unused doom skies. rrsky1.png.5b3637f74a4fcdba5ad7d23cb469dae9.pngDoomPRB-SKY3.png.734c18d49ec2e02c2bbe02cc920f25ed.pngAlso here is my last build of the entryway with some tweaks and texture fixes. This is the one you should use in the final WAD

TheEntryway.zip

Edited by MrD!zone

4 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

Should i change the sky in my wad or remove it completely. *it replaces rsky1*

You should be able to do a Boom sky replacement. Action 271. Just place the sky as a texture on an upper area of a sector that is surrounded by another sector.

20 minutes ago, NecrumWarrior said:

You should be able to do a Boom sky replacement. Action 271. Just place the sky as a texture on an upper area of a sector that is surrounded by another sector.

oh i edited my post. its not just for my wad.  *But it sorta is*

3 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

oh i edited my post. its not just for my wad.  *But it sorta is*

Mmmmmm I personally think changing the sky for the whole WAD would be unfair to creators that might want to use the original skies. The Boom Replacement style would be a better fit for people that want to use the custom skies. I need to go track down the Doom 2016 skyboxes and try to make a sky...

10 hours ago, HyperLuke said:

Can I  do a fusion of E1M8 and Doom 2 Map 07? Also when is it due? Thanks.

You can

16 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Also here is my last build of the entryway with some tweaks and texture fixes. This is the one you should use in the final WAD

Bug report: the teleporter behind the blue door is inside out (must walk onto pad then off it again to activate) and untagged (so only works by chance, as there is exactly one teleport destination in the map).

1 hour ago, RjY said:

Bug report: the teleporter behind the blue door is inside out (must walk onto pad then off it again to activate) and untagged (so only works by chance, as there is exactly one teleport destination in the map).

Its supposed to work like that.

11 minutes ago, UAC-Janitor said:

May I do Map 02 of Doom 2?

dude the project leader man is literally already doing that map it's in the map list and he even posted pictures

ya frickin noodle

11 hours ago, MrD!zone said:

Its supposed to work like that.

Hmm, okay. May I ask why?

Given remaking Doom 3 maps is in scope, has there been any consideration for being able to use Hidfan and Mr Rocket's Doom 3 Texture Pack?

Although if Boom only perhaps this isn't the right place for a D3 map, given lighting and fog is so important.

2 hours ago, Bauul said:

Given remaking Doom 3 maps is in scope, has there been any consideration for being able to use Hidfan and Mr Rocket's Doom 3 Texture Pack?

Although if Boom only perhaps this isn't the right place for a D3 map, given lighting and fog is so important.

Oh i did not know this texture pack existed,use it if you want to really

You can recreate doom 3 maps in boom if you really take your time and invest in sector lighting

58 minutes ago, Za Warudo said:

It seems that this is dead so the project is just going to be a 12 map mappack.

Give it time, from what I've seen a lot of projects take a long time to finish so people may come along later.

Also you don't seem to have counted that I am making Retro Titan's Realm

Edited by NecrumWarrior

You expect to have a 32-level megaWAD in 9 days? Seriously? Give it time.

Let the people

On 8.4.2017. at 8:05 PM, Za Warudo said:

really take *their* time and invest in sector lighting.

I do not mean that i think that everyone forgot about making a map for this but i think that this is going to get buried under the newer threads and that less and less people will join this

The ironic thing is I'd like to see you improve as a mapper so that, after you have a firm hold of mapping, you can gift us with some fun maps to play.

2 hours ago, Fonze said:

The ironic thing is I'd like to see you improve as a mapper so that, after you have a firm hold of mapping, you can gift us with some fun maps to play.

Well from what Jimmy told me in his Joy of mapping discord server i seem to make pretty tightmaps but i detail floors and celings

a bit too much kinda like Tormentor 667