Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

PSX Doom: No Rest for the Living [Music pack question!]

Current release (updated 09.04.2017, thanks to ScottGray)

Yes, this is only a matter of time. The sequel project to PSX Doom: The Lost Levels was started during TLL development by Salahmander2 with help from ScottGray.

There are all 9 maps already, but they aren't finished. Texture misplacements, visual (light) and spawn bugs are also included...of course, it must be fixed in future, but at this time we have only this version.

If you want to help with this project, go ahead :)
Rules of nature mapping are similar to "The Lost Levels" project. You can read them here (first post)

New music demonstration (not available as pk3):

Edited by DeXiaZ

Ermn... well, at least I tried...

OMG, what happened?

! Oooh so mine is going in afterall? :D

Why not? :D

I already made my own soundtrack for this out of Aubrey's 9 official bonus tracks for PSX Doom, Final Doom and Doom 64. Given that he seems to be okay with us using his stuff for mods, wonder if I could actually upload it? Probably not.

Anyway, last time I saw this, it was in dire need of adjustments. Almost no coloured lighting was the big one, I think this one should be a little lighter on the limits, especially monsterwise. If that Mastermind in the secret level is cut.. :(

Ragnor said:

I already made my own soundtrack for this out of Aubrey's 9 official bonus tracks for PSX Doom, Final Doom and Doom 64. Given that he seems to be okay with us using his stuff for mods, wonder if I could actually upload it? Probably not.

Anyway, last time I saw this, it was in dire need of adjustments. Almost no coloured lighting was the big one, I think this one should be a little lighter on the limits, especially monsterwise. If that Mastermind in the secret level is cut.. :(

You can upload this but I thought that Bonus tracks and D64 tracks should be used in Absolution (bonus tracks for maps with duplicated music).

I wanted to do something new like in TLL

About lightings - yeah, PSX_NRFTL is too bright and colorless.

I'll fix known bugs and upload it...when it's done, soon

Since Aubrey Hodges found the archvile sounds and will complete and release them in time, wonder if they should be added back into this? Would likely be the best introduction of them

Following from that, I started making an early version of what a PSX-ified vile might be like, i.e. fewer frames, slower movement, etc.
Guess it can only be so accurate given that they cut it for a reason, and I don't know much about the technical limiations, but it's a start.
When the sounds are released I'll put some demo video up or something.

Well, I'm agree with this idea. However, we wanted to add nightmare imps in Absolution, why not add Arch-vile in NRFTL? :)

It makes total sense too; NRFTL itself is something made many years later, why not pretend this is the same PSX engine with new levels made for it today, free of the RAM constraints but still having the same engine renderer issues (ie heights), complete with "restored" archviles and "lost" aubrey music :D

IE how NRFTL would have been made on the PSX engine instead of the PC. "NRFTL how Williams would have" in a sense.

3 hours ago, ScottGray said:

DeX, some changes to PSXNRFTL.PK3 to keep it compatible with v2.35 of the main TC if you could update you 1st post with it.

Thank you! First post updated.

Well, guys, I saw that Zdenda1990 did a PSX Doom NRFTL walktrough. And I found that I totally forgot to upload some music for this mappack!

Here we go:

https://yadi.sk/d/UOhOuv9O3KdhNR

This archive includes 8 tracks (Intermission music + Map 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08). But possibly not all of them suits game. So what do you think about including those tracks in PSX Doom TC? And which tracks should stay from this list?

On 6/30/2017 at 9:37 AM, DeXiaZ said:

Well, guys, I saw that Zdenda1990 did a PSX Doom NRFTL walktrough. And I found that I totally forgot to upload some music for this mappack!

Here we go:

https://yadi.sk/d/UOhOuv9O3KdhNR

This archive includes 8 tracks (Intermission music + Map 01, 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 08). But possibly not all of them suits game. So what do you think about including those tracks in PSX Doom TC? And which tracks should stay from this list?

I liked the track for map01, map07 (my favorite, very nice touch) and map08 until 1:50 (I didn't like the cutouts after that). For the map07 song I suggest editing the ending so it loops nicely. Changing the subject, do you know when the team (I don't know who's really working out NRFTL PSX) will finish working out the lightning and textures? I mean, I don't mind the textures myself but the lightning really impacts each level's atmosphere. Tomb of Malevolence would look awesome with some lightning tweaking with darker areas making it look like a tomb (too lit at the moment, lol). This is an example of me swapping skies for Vivisection to help enhance atmosphere a bit:
g1cx0Ui.png

As far as I know currently nobody works with maps. By default the main mapper in this project is me, but most edits were done by Salahmander2.

At present time I can't do anything with those maps, but if this situation will keep further - I'll try to found time for finishing those maps.