Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KVELLER

WTF is wrong with Doomguy's shoes?!

They have facilities in Mars, interdimensional teleporters and energy weapons, but the boots for their military infantry are slippery af. Doomguy was probably a skier before joining the UAC and that's why he was the only one skilled enough to fight with those damn things on without dying.

Or maybe it's just that he runs so ridiculously fast that he just can't stop without sliding.

Maybe he gets them from the same manufacturer as Mario's perfectly-cushioning-yet-stone-cleaving gloves.

The secret to Doomguy's speed isn't about his shoes, it's his rocket propelled scooter as depicted by our local expert on the subject known as Maes.

Doomguy_Janitor_7.png

Edited by Piper Maru

In regards this thread's topic, here are a few possible options:

A:

Spoiler

Quite possible:

soleless+boots.jpg

B:

Spoiler

Genuine Caco-leather:

il_340x270.719010755_lz9v.jpg

C:

Spoiler

My favourite. Peep-toes gone wrong:

maxresdefault.jpg

D:

Spoiler

Extravaganza:

f63d4c10c139e6706c4b579666b49605.jpg

So... Are we gonna vote, or does anybody have some more ideas as to what could have happened in terms of shoes? ;-)

1 hour ago, Piper Maru said:

The secret to Doomguy's speed isn't about his shoes, it's his rocket propelled scooter as depicted by our local expert on the subject known as Maes.

~img~

Every time I see this posted, I think to myself, "this isn't actually a good explanation". Not only would it be difficult, if not impossible, to control while using weapons (how do you grip the handlebars while both hands are occupied with a shotgun?), maneuverability in tight spaces would be severely reduced as the scooter in-game would be much larger than Doomguy by himself.

It might work if he had a couple extra arms and it was somehow scaled down.

4 minutes ago, AD_79 said:

Every time I see this posted, I think to myself, "this isn't actually a good explanation". Not only would it be difficult, if not impossible, to control while using weapons (how do you grip the handlebars while both hands are occupied with a shotgun?), maneuverability in tight spaces would be severely reduced as the scooter in-game would be much larger than Doomguy by himself.

It might work if he had a couple extra arms and it was somehow scaled down.

Through Doomguy ANYTHING is possible. You just gotta believe!

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

A seems to be the most reasonable one. C and D are quite hilarious though.

1 hour ago, AD_79 said:

maneuverability in tight spaces would be severely reduced as the scooter in-game would be much larger than Doomguy by himself.

Revenants are smaller than what they seem, so I'm just going to assume that the scooter would be in the same situation.

^How about inline skates then? Seems reasonable too...

EDIT: I would have given bonus points if that guy behind the counter was a baron of hell ;-)

You aren't truly showing off how much better and stronger you are than the entirety of Hell unless you look fab while you do it.

Then again, running 50mph in heels, much less those heels, would be enough to cause anyone to implode in fear.

48 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

^How about inline skates then? Seems reasonable too...

EDIT: I would have given bonus points if that guy behind the counter was a baron of hell ;-)

There you go.

Now, let's discuss about BJ in Wolf3D where controlling him with a mouse makes him strafing like nobody's business!

15 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

A:

Reveal hidden contents

Quite possible:

soleless+boots.jpg

B:

Reveal hidden contents

Genuine Caco-leather:

il_340x270.719010755_lz9v.jpg

C:

Reveal hidden contents

My favourite. Peep-toes gone wrong:

maxresdefault.jpg

D:

Reveal hidden contents

Extravaganza:

f63d4c10c139e6706c4b579666b49605.jpg

So... Are we gonna vote, or does anybody have some more ideas as to what could have happened in terms of shoes? ;-)

I like the look of A... looks like a slightly-more-used version of my workboots. :-)

D is just... yeah, no. C is almost as bad.

23 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Doomguy_Janitor_7.png

The mop is a nice touch!