Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrCacod3mon

Switching weapons from a different mod

Question

I'm asking another question so i can make my WAD... sorry for all the multiple questions.... so i'm editing my doom WAD and i really badly wanted to put a custom weapon. so i wanted to replace the shotgun with the brutal doom shotgun, because i like the way the animation for it is. so i saved the brutal doom shotgun sprite and imported the sprite to the shotgun file, then i tested out the shotgun and the animation on what mine looks like garbage... so is there any way i can add the shotgun from brutal doom onto my WAD with the animation sets or is there a pk3 file with the weapons already...

i'm just bored and i'm just trying to make something to make me feel happy...

it looks something like this...

SHTGA0.png

SHTGB0.png

SHTGC0.png

SHTGD0.png

5 answers to this question

Chubzdoomer has a great tutorial on YouTube. The process is the same as adding monsters.

As far as the water effect, I've never done it, but you might have luck searching around here 

https://zdoom.org/wiki/TERRAIN

Addendum: In Brutal Doom's decorate search for, "replaces Shotgun". I think it replaces the Shotgun atleast. Most likely. Copy that entry into a new DECORATE entry in your wad with Slade and paste the Shotgun Sprites into your wad with Slade and move them all to the very top in Slade. 

I'm on mobile. FYI

...and be sure to credit the authors of the resources.

Edited by everennui : Clarity

6 minutes ago, everennui said:

Chubzdoomer has a great tutorial on YouTube. The process is the same as adding monsters.

As far as the water effect, I've never done it, but you might have luck searching around here 

https://zdoom.org/wiki/TERRAIN

Addendum: In Brutal Doom's decorate search for, "replaces Shotgun". I think it replaces the Shotgun atleast. Most likely. Copy that entry into a new DECORATE entry and paste that AND the Shotgun Sprites into your wad with Slade and move them all to the very top.

I'm on mobile. FYI

i'm using SLumpEd but i can try it with that

I'm not sure of the pros and cons for each. Slade seems pretty damn awesome, and has been able to do almost everything that I want to do.

Extracting a single Brutal Doom object won't be as easy as extracting its sprites, sounds and a DECORATE definition, because in Brutal Doom's files, everything seems to be inter-linked with everything. Weapons depend on a lot of other actors, inventory items and scripts, as you can see if you read their DECORATE. You would need skill and patience to find all resources that the shotgun depends on (which might end up be nearly the entirety of Brutal Doom's contents), and either copy them to your wad as well, or modify the shotgun's definition so that it will no longer need those resources at the cost of not entirely faithful behavior.