Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Chex Quest HD: New Gameplay Teaser and an Interview with Art Director Charles Jacobi

Thought some of you may be interested in this.

If you’re a regular reader—or if you’ve ever just encountered me at a party after one too many Yoo-hoos or Crystal Pepsis—you know I love Chex Quest. I’ve written a tribute to it before, an original CD copy is among my prized possessions, and I’ve often half-jokingly considered getting Lord Snotfolus tattooed across my shoulder blades.

And now the game is being given new life with Chex Quest HD—an Unreal Engine 4 remake currently in development—and I’m giddier than an 8-year old with 50 free hours of America Online and a whole Saturday afternoon to spend them on. Pour yourself a bowl of Chex (or just some Muddy Buddies and milk: we won’t tell) and check out the world premiere of the game in motion above.

Full article, Including screenshots and a video here : http://www.cerealously.net/chex-quest-hd-gameplay-teaser-trailer-and-interview-with-artist-charles-jacobi/

Damn, that actually looks really cool. I don't know if the sound effects will be remastered, but I still like how the HD graphics look.

Interesting that Chex Quest of all games would get the HD remake treatment.

Either way, this leaves me moderately intrigued. Will keep an eye peeled.

Cool! I like how they translated the 2.5D look into something more modern, while preserving the original colorful and cartoony look. What do they use, models for the enemies with some sort of celshading? There also seem to normal maps when you look at the Flemoids, but very subtle.

The graphics look really nice, but the gameplay looks a lot slower when compared to the originals. The original series was a blast of colourful, kid-friendly fun, but could have benefited from tougher enemies.

Chex is also a really tasty cereal. Unfortunately, most grocery stores in Canada don't carry it, but it's always worth the effort to pick up a box.