Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Ambulatory

You are heading home from a particularly dangerous adventure. You are walking home through a large field, sword at your side. Your hands and forearms are encased in iron gauntlets. You an adventuring human, a Stranger, and as strong as a team of oxen. You are not stupid, however, and you have a feeling that something is not right. You hear thunder boom in the cloudy skies overhead and just know that your next adventure is right around the proverbial corner. Over the top of the next hill, you see a small village. The village appears to be deserted, however, and it is in your blood to explore and investigate. You cross over the hill and see that not only is the village deserted, it is also falling apart. Cobwebs line the window sills of the small houses, and dust covers the village roads. In the center of the village you find several gallows have been set up. From these gallows depend the bodies of what were once Humans, like you. They must have been hanging here for a long time, you think. Feeling rage well up in your heart, you decide to investigate, and enter one of the houses. Inside is there is...nothing. Cobwebs and dust. Some chairs, a table, a few windows. You happen to glance in the corner, and see a corpse. The corpse's entrails are hanging out of its belly, and there is a dried pool of blood surrounding the corpse. You go out of the house, and enter the one next to it. It closely resembles the one you just left, however, there is a corpse hanging from the ceiling from its neck. You are horrified. You look away, and silently head out of this house, wondering if all of the houses in this village are like these two.
You feel a wind blowing through the village, a wind of desolation. The gray sky overhead booms once more.
You wonder exactly what happened here, and clinch your teeth, vowing that you will find out what happened here, and who did it, and why. You set off for the valley below, hand on the hilt of your sword...

Interesting, just tell me which game this story was inspired from.

DooMBoy said:

HeXen. The stranger is the Fighter.

Strange how the setting didn't at all seem recognizable. In Hexen you start off in a sort of building (The Winnowing Hall) which isn't a village and there are no human corpses there.

I did draw a parallel to Hexen, and I did think of the stranger as the fighter, but the different setting confused me.

Nevermind all that, it is an interesting beginning to a story - you should really try and continue it.

DooMBoy said:

From these gallows depend the bodies of what were once Humans, like you

I think you mean 'suspend' - although that probably wouldn't make too much sense either.
Otherwise - interesting, i presume this story is a complete aside from the original HeXen plotline?

Well the 'dangerous' adventure the Fighter's returning is...well, what do you think? :)