Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

ngmvmt2 demos [-complevel 9]

*dew voice*

Post your demos for New Gothic Movement II here.

This is a 17-map mapset for Boom (-complevel 9) by Armouredblood and Archi. The suggested naming format is ng2XY-ZZZ.lmp, where XY is the map number and ZZZ is the time. Replace the "-" with a letter to represent categories such as NM (n), fast (f), tyson (t), pacifist (p) nomo (o), or HNTR 47% items (👌 HNTR 47% items 👌).

Idgames download link. (P.S. if the 'last modified date' of your file isn't 3/11/17, give it another download, as map31 has had its nodes rebuilt). 

--

Map 08 UV-Max in 6:45 (Not for DSDA.) 

ng208-645.zip

(Table fill.) 

Edited by rdwpa

2 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

gzdoom?

*pukes*

;)

Sorry, I just don't like how PrBoom+ looks, sounds and feels. Can't help it. But, oh well, maybe I'll get used to it some day. Encourage me. ;-)

i would also recommend using zdoom 2.8.1 if you have to use a z/doom, as its the final version and everyone can then watch your demos.

It's fine for a start. j4rio and Cyberdemon531 started using ZDoom.

The first problem is that you discourage people from watching. I have to dowload the demo, the WAD (if I don't have it), and in case of GZDoom, have to download that specific version, copy doom2.wad there, it takes time.

I also got used to HUD changing when watching (how many monsters left? etc,), watching interesting bits using walk cam, monitoring some crucial monsters' health, all of which is not available outside of PrBoom+ Too bad it doesn't have a proper tutorial and I have been always too lazy to write one.

***Please disregard this UVmax. A vastly improved run can be found in the spoiler below.***

Spoiler

(Also GLBoom+ 2.5.1.4.)

A "table re-fill" by popular demand (The .exe, that is ;-))

ng210-643.zip

(glboom-plus 2.5.1.4)

Definitely an improvement over the first demo, and there's still things to polish.

Thanks, rehelekretep <3

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

Map 08 UV-Max in 6:28

ng208-628.zip

Btw, this demo file is like 800 kb because I accidentally had another glBoom+ open from earlier in the day. :D It replays correctly though. If someone knows how to shave that off that'd be nice. edit: Someone sent me a trimmed version.

Edited by rdwpa

***Outdated***

See spoiler below:

Spoiler

For shits and giggles:

Map 10 UVspeed in 1:19

NG210UVspeed119.zip

.txt reads as follows:

An accidental preemptive exit, due to the inconveniently placed and vastly oversized exit-platform, which has cost me quite a few potentially good runs at this point in time. Uploaded for comedic purpose, because this almost looks like it was on purpose, because I'm clumsy at times. :p

I'm curious as to how there are so few cybers at the end whenever I try to demo that map there's about 15 cybers and 6 masterminds all scattered around the main arena at the end

If you refer to me, it's pure fucking luck. There's no way to manipulate any of this on a reliable basis. You just run it, and hope the pieces fall into the right places so you have a super easy clean up. I have had quite a few runs with what feels like a good dozen pristine cybies, in spite of doing pretty much the same every time. Gimme a sec, I kept some other attempts for shits and giggles, I'll edit them in here so you can see for yourself. Basically, to a pretty high degree, NG210 doesn't respect your time. ;-)

EDIT Nevermind, made a new post...

GLBoom+2.5.1.4:

NG210-506.zip

NG210-548.zip

GLBoom+2.5.1.4-k:

NG210-507.zip

NG210-509.zip

NG210-516.zip

NG210-604.zip

Judge for yourself. Have fun watching. Maybe you can spot something. From my point of view, unless there's a major change in routing, it might be possible to push below 4:40, maybe even 4:30, but anything past that is nothing I'd want to grind for, that's for the TASers...

12 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

From my point of view, unless there's a major change in routing, it might be possible to push below 4:40, maybe even 4:30, but anything past that is nothing I'd want to grind for, that's for the TASers...

you don't need TASers when you have ancalagon

ancalagon is better than tas

Edited by Outrageous Videos

Another one of those:

Map 10 UV speed in 1:12

NG210-112.zip

(GLBoom+2.5.1.4-k)

8 hours ago, Ancalagon said:

And the 4:50 demo misses one monster.

Thank you for noticing this, I had no idea.

BTW that tweak you did to the route is pretty brilliant.

Map 01 pacifist/speed in 0:20

0:21 also included

ng201p020.zip

Fairly optimized. I think TAS can get 0:18 with SR50 and 3 AV boosts, but I'm not sure about 0:19 by humans. (Neither are going to be me, haha.)

My first demo, btw. It was pretty fun!

Fresh blood! Welcome to DW. That's a pretty solid demo for a first-timer, but I bet 19 is possible with large stretches of sr50 and straight movement lines. Might not even need a second vile boost if the exit room spider moves over faster. I mean, saying "I'm not sure XY is possible" is the best way to dare someone into it around here, heh.