Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Your Favorite Avatars on Doomworld

While changing mine from before the forum switch (too blurry, finally not feeling lazy), I thought about my favorites. 

1) Maes is one that needs no introduction. We hate to see him go but love to watch him leave. Maes's fondness of all things cyber posterior is well documented by now, and I always get a kick out of randomly seeing it show up in a thread, often in a heated self-serious technical debate. 

WTkFExk.gif

2) The Homer fish is a pre-switch mainstay that ballooned up to comical proportions after the switch, getting its aspect ratio shifted too, and now it looks quite unsettling (in a good way). Also of interest is that shimmy, and a gill and other fish part that combined look like a human arm. The top of the head is lopped off too apparently.

PcRp4Bm.gif

3) I'm a big fan of rehelekretep's demented, devourer-of-souls baby. (This will be awkward when it's his actual baby photo!) 

lvVjulx.png

4) Almost forgot: the agitated revenant is obnoxious, but I love it. I associate it most with Spectre01, but I've noticed at least one other poster who uses it. 

Spoiler

eBEcpHF.gif

Obviously all the fellow cartoon girls too, but that would be too easy.

Your turn. 

Edited by rdwpa

47 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

We hate to see him leave but love to watch him go.

So true

I'm also gonna miss your previous one; the expression was funny.

Grazza's broken-avatar-being-maintained-by-a-cat thingy

Essel's now-defunct angry cloud

Various DK avatars

Smoking ninjas

Any fish-related avatars

The agitated rev I associate most with Breezeep, but it kinda lost its charm for me when 4 others adopted it around the same time recently.

Marnetmar's old running head was a funny one, too.

Ling's avatar is just cute; they look so happy together!

Various cacos and other Doom monsters.

Anything Heretic-related

Dragonfly's previous flashy avatar

Lotta cool avatars on this site; too many to remember, especially as their users change them.

Edited by Fonze

geo's "I'M A DORK".

RjY's "Popular poster".

Bauul's gray Illuminati eye or whatever.

Mordeth's gargoyle or whatever.

Joe-Ilya's "Forever 12". Years old? :]

Graf Zahl's chicken. It feels hilarious to read his posts when he argues with someone, with a cartoon chicken next to it. :]

the_miano's animated Pepe...

And mine of course, I wouldn't use it if I didn't like it. Duh.

I think I like those avatars:

1) The mysterious red block by Ichor is interesting (I don't know what makes it so good)

2) Firefly has a really simplistic one and his old one was good (I like minimalistic stuff or very rich in detail ones)

3) Horror Movie Guy, because I love slasher films (watched the whole Friday the 13th series and Halloween, except the remasters)

4) Linguica's one is ok (dat movie though, I watched it a while back)

5) Really love Glaice's old avatar, although I don't know what it depicts, but is seems cool

6) Bauul with that creepy Dream Theater eye

7) Memfis with that cartoony avatar

8) dmg 64's freeman, because Half Life

9) Scifista42's R2D2, because it is R2D2

10) Everything Doom related

That was a long list for just avatars, but whatever. :D

nxGangGirl's because Allyson Hannigan is my celebrity crush

54 minutes ago, 40oz said:

nxGangGirl's because Allyson Hannigan is my celebrity crush

You too 40oz?

I like that cool avatar where there is Doomguy with an explosion behind him, but can't remember whose it is.

I still like Doomkid's old cartoon Zappa avatar the most.  

I miss my old spinning cacodemon sometimes.

I loved Tritnew's avatar...wonder what ever happened to him.

On 19.4.2017 at 8:26 PM, rdwpa said:

3) I'm a big fan of rehelekretep's demented, devourer-of-souls baby. (This will be awkward when it's his actual baby photo!)

lvVjulx.png

Me too, that one never fails to make me look twice and smile about it. The funniest thing is when you watch his demos and imagine him looking at the screen like that.

doomy2.thumb.gif.13ba48902e6734735027226

^This one was also delightfully hilarious when I saw it for the first time.

ergo-proxy-avatar.thumb.png.1569f52a5991

Here's my beloved YukiRaven. This avatar just has the right amount of kinky dominance to make me say "Yes, please". What's not to love? ;-)

Before:

avvy.thumb.png.9be17b10c37888a39a651aad6

After:

avvy.thumb.png.a5da516b7ae24e7025b5575a9

^I happen to like this one as well, it has a quite bit of sexyness to it. At least when you have my eyes... Its only let down is that it comes with the username "Mr Freeze". Not that I don't like the guy, I don't know anything about him, but that avatar does not say "Hi there, my name is <Mr Freeze>". "Miss Freeze" would help a lot. And a proper collar would elevate it a bit... Well, maybe not... I don't know... Like it anyways.

EDIT: Oh, what do I do now? They're both lovely, and quite hot. I'll leave them both here. Love both of them. :-)

Last but not least, however "meh" you think it is that I pick my own:

kittycatmojod.thumb.png.bd4a122695b21ffb

I relate to it a little bit. Like, juuuust a liiiittle. OK? ;-)

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

23 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Me too, that one never fails to make me look twice and smile about it. The funniest thing is when you watch his demos and imagine him looking at the screen like that.

I don't think I'll be able to watch his demos with a straight face ever again. 

What really makes Maes' avatar shine is that distracting black pixel in one of the frames. Always catches my attention.

rehelekretep's is really awful, imo babies are kinda repulsive to be honest because of oversized heads, underdeveloped facial features and overall alien-like look, ewwwww. Was instant adblock yet I still remember it.

Hitherto's avatar with the Supaplex character is fantastic, also one of the extremely rare cases where the use of GIF isn't obnoxious at all and feels justified.

Most anime ones are lame as fuck, there is time and place for anime and Doomworld usually isn't it. They are kinda similar to pony avatars.

Azuruish animation is lovely tho, also another example of an actually cool GIF.

Overall the number of charming avatars went down by a big number since they increased the maximum image dimensions. Tiny underdetailed pictures had a lot more soul.

i've always had a fondness for linguica's avatar, dunno why.

lovers.thumb.gif.8313786bfbff0796caba52e

memfis' avatar is pretty coolio too

I happen to like this one as well, it has a quite bit of sexyness to it. At least when you have my eyes... Its only let down is that it comes with the username "Mr Freeze". Not that I don't like the guy, I don't know anything about him, but that avatar does not say "Hi there, my name is <Mr Freeze>". "Miss Freeze" would help a lot. And a proper collar would elevate it a bit... Well, maybe not... I don't know... Like it anyways.

que

Edited by roadworx

5 hours ago, Memfis said:

Most anime ones are lame as fuck, there is time and place for anime and Doomworld usually isn't it. They are kinda similar to pony avatars.

Cool-Unicorn-Guy_o_92672.jpg

Spoiler

Just to clarify, because I'm sure some people won't consider the possibility that I actually think that guy is cool. Yes, I do think that guy is cool, believe it or not. Why? Because he does what thinks is right for him, and otherwise does not give a damn. That being said, however ridiculous you think that picture is, he is cool.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels : Felt like I should add a spoiler with a short "clarification". :-)

7 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

^ OMGsh, where's the 'dislike' button??

HEY! If that's what he likes it's fine. Don't be so rude, let him have his ways just like he lets you have yours. :-)

1 hour ago, Memfis said:

Overall the number of charming avatars went down by a big number since they increased the maximum image dimensions. Tiny underdetailed pictures had a lot more soul.

I only listen to Doomworld avatars on the original vinyl pressing. The pixelation has a lot of warmth that you miss out on with digital formats.