Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leodoom85

Favorite quote of all time

A fun question for you...What's your favorite quote of all time? It can be a videogame, a movie, a series, everything...even your own quote or a hilarious one:).

Mine could be "Your face, your ass, what's the difference? from Duke Nukem 3D"

A co-worker got into an argument with the boss. At the end this is what was said.

Co-Worker: You ready for that meeting?

Boss: What meeting?

Co-Worker: My balls your chin.

"I'm one nut short of a sack. But i can keep going!" - A random security guard from SSWTF Half life

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Mahatma Ghandi

"Thanks Captain Obvious"

Another great quote...

"If all of Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die" -Kratos, God of War 2

"I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, four flushing, low life, snake licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood sucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fatass, bug eyed, stiff legged, spotty lipped, worm headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where’s the Tylenol?" - Clark Griswold from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure." Marrion Cobretti, Cobra 1986

Alt. fav is "You little scumbag! I got your name! I got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best unfuck yourself, or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!" Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket

Picking a favorite quote is hard. But most of my favorites come from Sam Clemens A.K.A. Mark Twain:

• It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
  • Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
  • Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
  • I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened.
  • Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
  • Work is a necessary evil to be avoided.

23 minutes ago, Pencil of Doom said:

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure." Marrion Cobretti, Cobra 1986

Alt. fav is "You little scumbag! I got your name! I got your ass! You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best unfuck yourself, or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!" Gunnery Sergeant Hartman from Full Metal Jacket

And the "memefied" quote..."HOLY JESUS....What is that?...What the fuck is that?"

Some people don't think the universe be like it is. But it do.

-black science man

Note really a quote but these lines from Amongst the shooting star by sonata arctica is kinda get into me. I can say the whole song has some sort of double meaning. 

Save me. If you cannot save me I want you to slay me.Only the embrace of my true love

Could ever turn me back into a man now, into the man now

There's also a line from Gamma Ray's Heal me. 

My life is just a fantasy of someone we will never be therefore I breakdown in laughter....yadayadayada 

Other than that, nothing really come cross my mind except the Cave Johnson Lemon quote. 

"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure.  Men love in haste, but detest at leisure." - Lord Byron

The first time I heard it was when I was thirteen.  It was the introduction to an episode of a cartoon I liked.  I thought the quote sounded cool, so I looked it up and discovered the author was British poet and politician Lord Byron.  The quote describes humanity's tendency to invest more time and energy into hatred than love.  This can be observed when we see people "get over" an ex lover and eventually move on to someone else, but often times hatred can last for generations.  

45 minutes ago, rickacid said:

Note really a quote but these lines from Amongst the shooting star by sonata arctica is kinda get into me. I can say the whole song has some sort of double meaning. 

There's also a line from Gamma Ray's Heal me. 

Other than that, nothing really come cross my mind except the Cave Johnson Lemon quote. 

Good idea. Some quotes from lyrics of a song can go perfectly in here. Let's rock!!!

Edited by leodoom85

"Shitty games like this one on Greenlight prevent us from finding the next Shovel Knight."

"If it weren't for me horse... I wouldn't have spent that year in college" - some anonymous person made famous by Lewis Black

One rule I try to live by, mostly in terms of technology is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - I know, not hilarious like half the quotes here, but it's the only one that instantly came to mind, so I guess it's my favourite? :)

20 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

One rule I try to live by, mostly in terms of technology is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - I know, not hilarious like half the quotes here, but it's the only one that instantly came to mind, so I guess it's my favourite? :)

Thumbs up :D

Capitalism means beig fucked up because of the money,Totalitarism means being fucked up because you think,Shovenism,racism,xenophoby means being fucked up because of origin,tyranny and dictatorship means being fucked because they want you be like that

From Dune:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Che:

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Audre Lorde:

If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.

Utah Phillips:

No matter how New Age you get, Old Age is gonna kick your ass.

From games:

1) They used to call me Prophet. Remember me.

2) Rise and shine Mr Freeman.

3) Not even death can save you from me.

4) My vision is augmented.

5) By the way, Denton, stay out of the ladies restroom. That kind of activity embarrasses the agency more than it does you.  (I was like <<How did he know? Well-played, Game, well played!>>)

From movies (I have a dialog here):

-Does your dog bite?

-No.

*proceeds to pet the dog and the dog bites him*

-I thought you said your dog doesn't bite.

-That is not my dog.

That was from a Pink Panther movie in case you wondered (the old ones with Peter Sellers, that I really love seeing).

Just now, YukiRaven said:

From Dune:

Dune is awesome! I read it the past summer and I am going to read more from the series this summer. I have to thank Maiden for coming to know such a masterpiece (found it through To tame a land).

"AAAAAAAAAHHHH...That's a war face. Now let me see your war face..."

-Full Metal Jacket

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

-Solid Snake and Big Boss. Metal Gear Solid saga

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know."

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding. The shadows betray you, because they belong to me." ~ Bane

13 minutes ago, Trupiak said:

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. But you merely adopted the dark; I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but blinding. The shadows betray you, because they belong to me." ~ Bane

"I'm Batman"