Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quast

I need help with a texturing problem

ok...I DLed deepsea a while ago and was messing around and have been trying to make a decent map (within the boundaries of the linedef limit)...anyway I made the opening room and had two smaller sectors connected to the start hallway....I tested it (in legacy) and semmed ok. But I wanted the rooms to have doors. So I make the doors using the prefab button and everything works fine. I got the ceilings/floors for the door sectors at 0/0 height the sidedefs pointing right and textured how I want it. the door works fine. everytime I test it though, both doors have the same issue. The foor texture under the doors is the texture I want, but, I can see the default floor texure (the gray hexagon one) kind of overlaping it withing the sector. I don't use that texture anywhere in the level.

on top of that the bottom of the doors, the "ceiling" of the sector has the right texture, but, it gives me a wierd effect. it's not a HOM or tooty fruity, more like if you forget to give a sidedef an upper or lower texture....I can't figure it out cuz It's a flat.

one last question...in deapsea, or any other editor, is it possible to have flats type textures on walls and normal wall textures as flats? if so, how do you do it?

Quast said:

on top of that the bottom of the doors, the "ceiling" of the sector has the right texture, but, it gives me a wierd effect. it's not a HOM or tooty fruity, more like if you forget to give a sidedef an upper or lower texture....I can't figure it out cuz It's a flat.

It could be that your linedefs don't refer to the correct sectors, as that causes an effect like that.

Quast said:

one last question...in deapsea, or any other editor, is it possible to have flats type textures on walls and normal wall textures as flats? if so, how do you do it?

The only way I know is to create new textures using the bitmap of the flat as a patch, and vice versa.

So, the sides of the doors should refer to the adjacent sector? I'll give it a try. thnx.

ok...I got that part fixed. The ceiling is fine now....but that damn problem with the floor is still there....any advice?