Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadDog

Choco doom/Heretic or dosbox doom/Heretic 1v1 or FFA

Anyone wanna 1v1 through dosbox or choco? would be pretty fun :)

could even hook up my pentium 2 if you got original hardware :P

EDIT: Also would be sick to play some choco or vanilla heretic, at higher pings can use choco with the -newsync command for smoother play

Edited by MadDog

On 4/4/2017 at 4:37 PM, riderr3 said:

I have big lag and unstable modem, unfortunately.

Perfect! Choco-internet.

OK, I think I've got Chocolate set up and port-forwarded correctly to connect to servers.  That's probably the easiest option for getting something rolling but I could also see about rigging my Windows 98SE machine for something, I'm not sure how one goes about setting up the IPX routing for that though.

Do you want to try to get in touch on an IRC channel some time, or what?

7 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

OK, I think I've got Chocolate set up and port-forwarded correctly to connect to servers.  That's probably the easiest option for getting something rolling but I could also see about rigging my Windows 98SE machine for something, I'm not sure how one goes about setting up the IPX routing for that though.

Do you want to try to get in touch on an IRC channel some time, or what?

You can find me on #DMstuff on quakenet, im usually in there :)

DosBox all the way! Even if I am not in the US, I guess there won't be any problem. I used to play Doom v0.99 on DosBox with some friends from the US, back in 2009, and I had no issues at all.

I noticed that this was the same discussion that was going on in the comments of one of my Youtube videos.

I would play in DOSBox or Chocolate-Doom. I have only done LANs and never played vanilla Doom over the internet.

I've made a source port for DOS which emulates vanilla but has Deathmatch 3.0 (weapons stay, but items reappear). I've made a pull request for Deathmatch 3.0 in Crispy-Doom and it was accepted, so you may find it in the daily builds if you are interested.

4 player deathmatches would be ever better if one of you can setup a server and we can all play at the same time.

On 18/4/2017 at 2:02 AM, axdoomer said:

I noticed that this was the same discussion that was going on in the comments of one of my Youtube videos.

I would play in DOSBox or Chocolate-Doom. I have only done LANs and never played vanilla Doom over the internet.

I've made a source port for DOS which emulates vanilla but has Deathmatch 3.0 (weapons stay, but items reappear). I've made a pull request for Deathmatch 3.0 in Crispy-Doom and it was accepted, so you may find it in the daily builds if you are interested.

4 player deathmatches would be ever better if one of you can setup a server and we can all play at the same time.

Yeah dude, it's me, belandino :)

I have read about your source port and that's very interesting indeed. I am thinking about setting up my old Pentium II laptop again.

I was keeping it online 24/7 back in the day, gotta see what I can do.

heya axdoomer and belandino i was talking to you guys on that youtube vid, was wondering if you guys still wanna play? :)