Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guardsoul

Atlas Complex - Waste processing

Hello everyone!

This is a medium map I finished some time ago but due to work and being enslaved by Tormentor667 working with Tormentor667 delayed a huge amount of time the release of this map (and with that I mean like 3 months).

Anyways, Atlas Complex series will be a set of 4 independant maps that will take place in an Earth UAC installations with Waste processing being the first one of them and it´s a self challenge of what I´m able to do with OpenGL features without overcharging player´s computer.

Old teaser video:

Some old screenies:

Spoiler

tl9dv6t.png?1
R9NGDyg.png?1
Jv6xEES.png?1

And of course the download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc9359qqh3zyupg/Atlas_Complex_part_1.pk3?dl=0

Have fun!

Hello, solid map here. From the screenshots, I could tell it was for a zdoom based port, so I'm assuming jumping and crouching were ok, which was probably the case considering I had to crouch at one point (unless there's a "secret" way through that door nearby). Hope a video helps! ...I almost didn't upload it because I am absolutely rusty and terrible at Doom nowadays, so it's probably painful to watch. 

Mostly an atmospheric corridor shooter with some occasional traps and well-used specters. Damn thing almost got me fatty'd, were it not for the RNG gods. 

46 minutes ago, Octavarium said:

Hello, solid map here. From the screenshots, I could tell it was for a zdoom based port, so I'm assuming jumping and crouching were ok, which was probably the case considering I had to crouch at one point (unless there's a "secret" way through that door nearby). Hope a video helps! ...I almost didn't upload it because I am absolutely rusty and terrible at Doom nowadays, so it's probably painful to watch. 

Mostly an atmospheric corridor shooter with some occasional traps and well-used specters. Damn thing almost got me fatty'd, were it not for the RNG gods. 

Hey thanks for the video, it wasn´t painful to watch at all! The only thing I regret is not saying to use if possible dynamic lights to make an even better atmosphere but that´s totally my fault :P.

Ah yeah I usually play with them off because it can cast light where the author might not have wanted light, if that makes sense, but I didn't even think of it here. Probably would've made the mood even better, yep. Oh well, now everybody else knows haha

Awesome project. For a long time I have not seen anything like this (maybe I play too few new wads). I can call this work with confidence a role model. The last time I felt the same sensations when I met the "Putrefier" map. In my collection this map will take its place next to it. In whole, the work was not very difficult, nevertheless I managed once to die because of haste ...

It is difficult even to pick up some words that would describe such high-quality maps.
Gorgerious. Impressive. Awesome. Want more...

On perpetual storage in my collection:

Blue_5_5.png - Visuals (5 / 5)
Blue_5_5.png - Detailing (5 / 5)
Blue_5_5.png - Gameplay (5 / 5)
Blue_5_5.png - Atmosphere (5 / 5)
Orange_3_5.png - Difficulty (3 / 5)

Green_5_5.png - Overall Rating (5 / 5)

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png  First Demo Attempt 20 mins, GZDoom 2.4.0