Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

hexed.

just one quick question
Since Zdoom is currently heretic compatible, what is the "life suck"(ie, the gloves used with the tome of power, sucks the life outta your enemy and replenishes your health) codepre?

What's codepre? If you want segments of the heretic or zdoom code, I think Randy Heit will answer your question if you ask on the zdoom forums.

I actully did not know that the tomed gauntlets "sucked" life into the player...gotta' love it!

Biffy said:

I actully did not know that the tomed gauntlets "sucked" life into the player...gotta' love it!

I'm surprised at that, as that's the only way to get through the 3 sniper points with the ophidians in at the end of e4m1. (and getting 100% kills)

Ultimate DooMer said:

I'm surprised at that, as that's the only way to get through the 3 sniper points with the ophidians in at the end of e4m1. (and getting 100% kills)

Heh, now you know...I've never played all of the Doom, Doom2 or Heretic maps. Became more interested in multiplayer and editing. My life is filled with work and chores, not enough free time. :/

The way I did it was to first conserve as much ammo as I could by using the ol' staff to smack the Gargoyles and Sabreclaws, and using the crusher to get as many enemies as I could. I ignored those Ophidians around the green key at first, then used the crusher to get those four new Ophidians. By this time, I had about 400 Hellstaff shots when I got the weapon, and used some of them to kill the Iron Liches (too bad you can't lead them to the crusher). Then I used most of whatever I had left to kill or severely weaken the Ophidians up there before going through that teleporter. Finally I killed the Ophidians I ignored earlier and used the Ring of Invincibility, the Tome of Power, and powered up gauntlets on the Maulotaur. It usually takes the entire length of time of the Tome of Power, but up that close, the only thing he can do is whack me with that hammer. If he does, the gauntlets restore whatever health I lose. The only problem with that is if he hits me, then dies before I have a chance to heal myself with the gauntlets, forcing me to use a Quartz Flask or two (and there aren't very many of those things in that map).

Well, I just tried the powered-up gauntlets out, and it turns out they do suck life back into Corvus. Sweet!

Biffy said:

What's codepre? If you want segments of the heretic or zdoom code, I think Randy Heit will answer your question if you ask on the zdoom forums.

I think he wants to know the code pointer, but i dont know them.