Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Which gzdoom versions were the last to support opengl 1, 2 and 3?

OpenGL 2 is still being supported, but with a slightly reduced feature set (i.e. fullscreen color blends like invulnerability are not reproduced accurately. This was done for performance reasons as the accurate method is too slow on the integrated Intel chips that are still relevant when larger resources are being used.)

OpenGL 1 was dropped with 1.8.3.

We already replied to you @zdoom.org, there i mentioned 1.8.3 was the last version supporting OpenGL 1.2 and i think 1.8.6 supported OpenGL 1.4 but i'm not sure. 1.8.3 runs on my trident blade xp and ran well @800 but with the disco effect. I also asked Graf about his opinion on merging GZDoom 1.8.3 with ZDoom LE for ancient cards, about feasiblility and possible complications.

So there's no specific version that has opengl 3 and 4 features?  I grabbed a radeon with hdmi the other day instead of an nvidia, because it supports opengl4, and I already have nvidia opengl3 cards.

On 27/04/2017 at 4:07 AM, drfrag said:

1.8.3 runs on my trident blade xp and ran well @800 but with the disco effect.

What is this effect?  Googled to no avail.

GZDoom 2.x makes heavy use of OpenGL 3 and 4 features, but it still contains fallback code for GL 2.