Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plyte

i just love the way ignorant people genralise christians

g'day i'm about as christian as you can get. i go to church coz i like it! i sing songs clap me little hands. yep i'm a happy clappy born again spirit filled bible believing penticostal. and i love doom. i've being playing it straight since it was released back in 93. i love popping imps and demons a like. i've finnished most levels with nothing more that a pistol. done all the master levels. i no it's not much, but i'm proud, so it's ok. lol

so please fellow doomers just remember not all christians hate doom.
only the ones that think christianity is based on works do. Which for some reason is most, but still not all. ok

If you will look to the bottom of the Forums index, you will see the Rants & Raves forum. That is where anything about religion belongs. Thank you and good night.

An incredibly [sarcasm]intelligent[/sarcasm] Duker900 blurbed:
MOST RETARDED FUCKING INTRODUCTION THREAD, EVER.

Holy crap, WHAT AN INTELLIGENT POST! [sarcasm]This bloke must've won the Nobel Prize in rethoric or something[/sarcasm]

If that reply had been posted in one of the forums I moderate, it wouldn't have been allowed to live. Why not you may ask? Because it shows such a low level of maturity that it helps degenerating the overall IQ level of these forums.

And to our Christian newcomer here: IMJack's right, there's a Rants and Raves forum that was made just for stuff like this - somebody move this thread please.
And to your rant, well, not all of us hate Christians, we just can't stand some of the more fundamentalist ones who claim that Doom is evil and all.
If you like to go to church, fine, but that's not the kind of Christians that most of us here refer to (or maybe I'm misinterpreting things here?) - when people say "Christian" they generally refer to Christian "divisions" like Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses and especially those of them who think that everything that is fun is Evil - you are NOT one of them.
But I agree that the term "Christian" is used a little too loosely for my liking - I just haven't complained about it because I know that people ain't gonna listen.

Heh, I'm just sick of the large amounts of retardation caused by most of the newbies, Of course, the excessivly stupid post I made really doesn't help.

I guess I should take some responsibility for this, since it was my post that triggered some of this Christian bashing. Let me start by saying that most of us here have nothing ageist Christianity. In fact, more then a few of us are Christians our selves. True, some of our members are what I call “fanatical atheists “. To them, any and all religious people are fanatics hell bent on wiping pagans from gods green earth. They foolishly treat science as a religion and decide “they know the truth” and that the only resign anyone goes to church is because they’re stupid, or are afraid to go to hell. They are no better then what they despise.

What we have a problem with, is the “conservative Christians” who decide we are to stupid to tell the difference between fantasy and reality. And that they, and only they know what’s best, so they hide behind there religion, because, of course, god knows everything, and if we disagree, we go to hell. Now I KNOW that they are the minority, but they do exsit, and they do there best to make our lives difficult.

I pointed out that article because as an example of how some people twist the truth to suit there own ends. Anybody who has played doom could tell you that the article was full of lies. And hell, people just like to flame stupidity.

Ps. I gather from “G’day” that you are an Australian? In witch case, Welcome Fellow Countryman!

Ct_red_pants said:
I pointed out that article because as an example of how some people twist the truth to suit there own ends. Anybody who has played doom could tell you that the article was full of lies. And hell, people just like to flame stupidity.
[/B]

Yeah if we didn't flame stupidity we'd end up losing our self control and flame everybody who disagrees with you, even if their points are valid. We need to let off steam and on these forums that's best done by turning up the heat underneath the stupid people - alternatively we could play some Doom.

IMJack said:

If you will look to the bottom of the Forums index, you will see the Rants & Raves forum. That is where anything about religion belongs. Thank you and good night.

i didn't meen to get into a "religious" argument. i didn't want to piss people off. i completely understand what you meen about some christians. i know some of tose people my self. and to some are a bit wacko. so yes i do understand your point.

and before you tell me, i know i can't spell for shit.
(hey i'm a product of Australian government education.
see ya's and thanx for your replies. that would also contribute to my lower than average IQ.

Don't ask a question you don't want to know the answer to.

Oh, and Pltye, just remember that the other Christians here (like me) are low-key. We get enough religious bashings here without the Christians causing them.

But stick by your guns, man.

DC

Good god damn, you're an idiot! And a troll, too - but I'm hardly one to criticize about that.

What really made it obvious this was a troll was the fact that you can't even spell your supposed religion properly. "Pentecostal", fuckup. Next thread.

I have nothing against christians. Unless they bad mouth me i'm ok with it. I know the people across the road are religious (don't know what though)...and they think i'm a satinist because I play Doom and listen to metal. Bleh. Whatever works for them.

Katarhyne said:

Good god damn, you're an idiot! And a troll, too - but I'm hardly one to criticize about that.

What really made it obvious this was a troll was the fact that you can't even spell your supposed religion properly. "Pentecostal", fuckup. Next thread.

PFEH.

Anyway, I'm with DC here, both positionally and Christianlly, if that makes any sense !?

Katarhyne said:

Who's a troll?
The only slightly trollish person I see here in this thread is the person who typed in the above post.

dsm said:

Who's a troll?
The only slightly trollish person I see here in this thread is the person who typed in the above post.

You dsm, are a wise wise man.

Damn. I'm being pulled to this thread against my will. I wish I could give up this argument shit.

In any case, I can't stand -most- Christians because they look at the Bible, and they don't use logic to determain whether something is true or not. The book really contradicts itself too much to be true in my humble oppinion. However, it's really not the fault of the Christians because the Bible doesn't leave any room for speculation of itself. It basically says you damn well better believe it or your going to hell.

Personally, I'm Neo-Pagan if anything. However, anything is in reason for me, and therefor I'm still scared of hell because I'm constantly being told I'm going there and I guess deep down it lingers as a possibility. Simply because I admit I don't really know the truth and I want to find the truth out. So if I go to hell, it's not really my fault, but I just wish Christians would stop giving me crap about it. I can't help what I believe, so they should bugger off.

Heh, I have a gut feeling Kat may be right and Plyte may be someone who decided to "play the christian" for amusement's sake, having seen all the christian-related activity in other threads. So one could at least retain a shadow of a doubt.

Plyte said:
i didn't meen to get into a "religious" argument. i didn't want to piss people off. i completely understand what you meen about some christians. i know some of tose people my self. and to some are a bit wacko. so yes i do understand your point.

and before you tell me, i know i can't spell for shit.
(hey i'm a product of Australian government education.
see ya's and thanx for your replies. that would also contribute to my lower than average IQ.

heh, your not from the "smert" state are you? ;)

just so you all know. that is an old picture of me. i wish i still had my youth.

by the way i want my photo back, and i never gave you permission to use it. damn it!!

JavaGuy said:

Damn. I'm being pulled to this thread against my will. I wish I could give up this argument shit.

In any case, I can't stand -most- Christians because they look at the Bible, and they don't use logic to determain whether something is true or not. The book really contradicts itself too much to be true in my humble oppinion. However, it's really not the fault of the Christians because the Bible doesn't leave any room for speculation of itself. It basically says you damn well better believe it or your going to hell.

I am not for a minute going to get into some kind of argument about the Bible, Christianity, or personal beliefs, mostly because it's not my place to judge. However, I would suggest that you take a more thorough look into the Bible before you just up and announce it to be self-contradicting. Like I said, I don't want to start any kind of argument or flame war about anything, but it does rather rankle to have someone offhandedly dismiss my belief system.

Personally, I'm Neo-Pagan if anything. However, anything is in reason for me, and therefor I'm still scared of hell because I'm constantly being told I'm going there and I guess deep down it lingers as a possibility. Simply because I admit I don't really know the truth and I want to find the truth out. So if I go to hell, it's not really my fault, but I just wish Christians would stop giving me crap about it. I can't help what I believe, so they should bugger off.

If you really want to find the truth out, look at the system, not the people in it. People are rude, boorish, and deluded, regardless of the belief system they adhere to. Don't judge a car by the passengers.

My biggest complaint with non-Christians is there immediate dismissal of the things that I have studied and found to be true. Now, I'm not a post-modernist, and as such I believe that my beliefs are grounded in absolute truth. However, I am not so deluded as to think that I can singlehandedly convince the world that I am right, nor that a pissy kind of self-righteous judgementalism is the way to convince those that I can convince.

Bottom line: I'm not judging yours, don't judge mine.

DC

Well, think about the sewage system, then. You could always say that if we cleaned it up and perfumed it it wouldn't stink. But the truth is that it is made for carrying shit!

Well, think about the sewage system, then. You could always say that if we cleaned it up and perfumed it it wouldn't stink. But the truth is that it is made for carrying shit!

nice attempt at sounding intteligent MYK.

Plyte, that doesn't help anybody, especially if you're trying not to look like an ass.

[quote[
Well, think about the sewage system, then. You could always say that if we cleaned it up and perfumed it it wouldn't stink. But the truth is that it is made for carrying shit![/quote]The sewage system doesn't stink because of the pipes or the design of the system. It stinks because of what we put into it. Beliefs are something like that. What is being believed in is not at fault, but rather the people believing. What I think about a thing doesn't alter what the thing is.

DC