Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

more doomed dreams

well last night i had another doom related dream. however for the most part the dream did not have much to do with doom until the end. so here is the end.
I walked into a wallmart type store, just less rednecks and mullets than wall mart, and check out the games section. I am looking a X-box games and nore seem to look that great. infact the selection sucks, not many games to choose from. then a stack of game catches my eye. the one ontop of the stack says, "best of doom now for the X-Box" "includes all original doom games, allows you to select from orignal settings or zdoom settings. also includes doom64 with added 3d-models and original settings." plus this disk also contains over 1000 custom made maps for the original games. of course i bought this, in my dream

I used to think Doom dream threads were silly, until a couple of days ago. As I woke up, I was aware I had been dreaming about wandering around in the UAC Entryway map that is currently part of \newstuff. Not the best map to be stuck in it has to be said.

What's worse, as I was shaken out of my sleep, the dream faded, and (I guess) as my eyes became aware of the inside of my eyelids, for a few brief moments I could swear the world was textured with ASHWALL2, just like when you load up a map in Zdoom with missing textures and it puts ASHWALL2 everywhere a texture should be.

Enjay said:

I could swear the world was textured with ASHWALL2, just like when you load up a map in Zdoom with missing textures and it puts ASHWALL2 everywhere a texture should be.

That's odd, as when I load up a map with missing textures, it puts BIGDOOR1 everywhere. (that's for DooM 1 maps)

I actually had a doom dream the other day to. me and a bunch of people were holed up in a five story apt. building cuz of a plauge of zombies. one day when some of the people went out for supplies, the zombies broke in. they were coming up one stairwell so we went to the other. thats when I heard the baron scream. we saw them coming up the stairs. one of them was female! one guy got fried by green plasma as we raced to the roof, our only alternative. there we saw the city on fire. in the distancewas the cyber-demon shotting down fighter jets. the barons and the zombies reached the roof, and the dream ended.

Ultimate DooMer said:

That's odd, as when I load up a map with missing textures, it puts BIGDOOR1 everywhere. (that's for DooM 1 maps)

Yeah, it uses that one in Doom1. I had a Doom2 dream. :-)

Heh, I have Doom dreams every now and then. Usually they are really cool and stuff.

Oh man, last night I dreamed that Bruce Campbell came to my house to eat dinner. I was so psyched. I almost kicked the crap out of my friend that woke me up. Bastard.

DC

I have no idea what I dreamed about last night. Something about my family going to see Flogging Molly in concert, and the hot chick from Tsunami Bomb covered for the girl who plays the fiddle, and my sister got dressed up and did karaoke for no discernable reason. I spent some time running around an unusually 3-D Doom map, too. Then was running around my house (which wasn't my house, you know how it is) trying to get all the doors locked for the night. And for some reason, there was this big glass pane that I knew was an ironing board suspended about a meter over the floor, and I had to crawl under it.

Whoa, I just played Map26 of Memento Mori for the first time and it was eerily similar to a Doom-dream I had weeks ago.

Whenever I have Doom dreams I get scared shitless, since I think I actually am gonna die... heh

Doom-Child said:

Jack, you are a truly disturbed individual. Cheers.

Heh. It was the best night's sleep I've had in weeks.

Uhm, you people are dreaming way too much about Doom. Get out more people :)

Be normal and like me, dream that Bill Clinton is laughing at your jokes about old Nissans as you swim around in a pool with him and other dignatories...

Ultraviolet said:

Buncha freaks... :P

Speak for yourself, buddy, I'm normal. :P

for some years ago, i dreamed that i was on my school at night, and had only a chainsaw to protech myself. The school was full of former humans...

Heh, I used to have tons of Doom dreams in which I was IN the game, not playing it. And I always had God Mode on...

Can you say "cheater?"

If I had dreams, I would be sure they would be about Doom, but I can't remember one thing from the previous night for some reason (and its problaby not a hang-over, I think.)

Ultraviolet said:

Buncha freaks... :P

Damn strait, and I stand proud for What I am!

TorntheDark said:

for some years ago, i dreamed that i was on my school at night, and had only a chainsaw to protech myself. The school was full of former humans...

Hey i had a dream kinda like that in 7th grade only i took the chainsaw to my teacher..this is truly disturbing mind you. THen i fell in a pit and i think it had one of those heart pillar things, but i couldn't get out....not many other ones like that though, mine are usually wacked in other ways.

if any of you want to see what the Baroness of Hell from the dream mentioned above, take a look at this. its a rough character sketch using the details that I remembered from the dream.

VileSlay

The Baroness reminds me of an ex GF from many years back. :-)

Actually, a really cool pic. You wouldn't want to meet one of them in a dark alley. Nice detail definitely female, but very hellish and disgusting too (in a good way - from a picture point of view that is).

Ugh! I just imagined a Baron and Baroness getting it on!

Been meaning to compliment you on that little cutesy baron avatar too. Very nice.

I am odd. My dreams mix doom with stargate with furry aliens called Arokans (yes this is MY dream) something about hell wants to play too.

Disorder is the only road to insanity. Have fun getting through the mess I made.

Enjay said:

VileSlay

The Baroness reminds me of an ex GF from many years back. :-)

Actually, a really cool pic. You wouldn't want to meet one of them in a dark alley. Nice detail definitely female, but very hellish and disgusting too (in a good way - from a picture point of view that is).

Ugh! I just imagined a Baron and Baroness getting it on!

Been meaning to compliment you on that little cutesy baron avatar too. Very nice.

well the pic really does not do my dream justice. the image, now that you mention it, makes my skin crawl. which GF does it remind you of?

the other wierd part of the dream, besides the Baroness, was the coloration of the other Barons. only one was the regular pink/brown. there was one that had bluish-white flesh and cool-gray fur, kinda looking like maybe it was a frost baron. there were two with green flesh and dark brown fur, and one more with blood-red flesh and black fur. would like to see them all in a mod, with different strengths of course.

Everytime I'd lay down to goto sleep I sware I'd either hear the revinate swing his fist or other sounds from doom. One time I drempt I was inside doom, everything still looked like doom and I was kicking the shit out of a bunch of demons. I hope to god I have a doom dream tonight....havent really had one since I was 7, damn 10 years have flied by fast.

I've had the same dream for a couple of times, now.

I stand in a small, indoor courtyart. At the time nothing really significant, but as the dream progresses I realize it's a part of Doom II's MAP08, Tricks and Traps. As I walk towards a switch (for a different reason every dream, last time to turn on the lights), I hear a noise behind me and as I turn around, I see imps everywhere!

Now, in the game it's a bit of a challenge in Ultraviolent or Nightmare mode to get rid of all the imps at that level, but in my dream they attack until there are so many that all I see is a brown haze and I finally wake up.

Sounds pretty silly, but the first time I had that dream I didn't play DooM for a week... After that week the dream returned, but I decided that the game was too cool not to be played.

Haven't had the nightmare since, until about a month ago...

That reminds me of a dream, i had a while back with imps in an apartment coming at me, only they were like destroying things like monkeys and each one had a different kind of face, and they were only 4ft like in the manual..they throw flames at me and i ran, closed space..no weapons..SOl...then i was in this giant flesh room composed of...you guessed it, skin and other fleshy stuff. And i stumbled into the CyberDemon's den, like there were these glowing eyes and then this towering monstrosity, needless to say, it was very realistic so i was scared shitless and i just kept running :0