Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slimz

Free map requests!

On 4/10/2017 at 10:01 AM, Suitepee said:

I first watched the American remake in 2002 when it first came out, which has left me with more of an impression than the Japanese original which I watched afterwards with glee. A map based off either of them would be nice though; although if I had to state any kind of preference, I wouldn't mind some kind of map based off Samara's asylum; that ultra weird blueish/whiteish area would be a nice visual standout to recreate in a Doom wad.

I could be pestered to include it in my "magnum opus" megawad Synchronicity.

Participate in my community project, Doom Tennis. You're submitting an unfinished map, then completing another, so it's basically like making a single map.

I feel it would be a good idea to have some screenshots of maps you've made...so that people know if they like your style.

On 4/9/2017 at 1:53 PM, Slimz said:

Its free and I make maps just for you guys. 

Make a few maps for Doom Tennis then finish the maps that you'll be assigned. 

Make a challenging map using only low tier monsters (no stronger than a pinkie), include crushing a ceiling, use creative lighting to effectively set a good mood, add lots of dark corners/areas for monsters to come out of, and give it an abandoned area theme.

11 hours ago, NEANDERTHAL said:

Participate in my community project, Doom Tennis. You're submitting an unfinished map, then completing another, so it's basically like making a single map.

I know someone else linked it since, but it's always good to drop a link in your own post, especially when advertising your own CP.

11 hours ago, MarketAnarchy said:

I could be pestered to include it in my "magnum opus" megawad Synchronicity.

(pesters MarketAnarchy)

18 hours ago, Suitepee said:

(pesters MarketAnarchy)

It's an epic project, basically 28 or so TCs in one megawad.

It will be a long time before I finish it.

In All seriousness here, Can you make a nice and fluent open world style map? And heres some specifics:

-No Health Drops or medkits

-No ammo lying around

-No weapons lying around either

-No armor or armor drops

-You can only collect what your enemies drop.

Why make such a hard sounding map? Well to finally see a map cater to the old DoomRPG mod and buying med kits would actually be legit now. You can make it an Outdoor hell place, an earthly place to, I dont care if you have many texture repeats, Im fine with it. just give me vast places to explore and places to go in (They dont all have to be super detailed, just make the objective of getting to the end of the level more obsolete by giving the players the exploration experience) 

4 hours ago, MarketAnarchy said:

It's an epic project, basically 28 or so TCs in one megawad.

It will be a long time before I finish it.

I'm willing to wait.

Anyone else find it ironic, that after reading the original post by Slimz, that the first map help thread he posted was him wanting to make a terrywad?

Free maps huh...here's an idea for you TC.

Finish Mordeth for all of us.

Holy shit.... I feel so abused by parents but takes time guys...