Find results in...
Sephiroth

starwars games

starwars based games  

9 members have voted

1. 1. starwars based games

• yes, they are usally good
    • no, normaly come out bad

for better or worse forget the game has anything to do with starwars. how would you say these games really stand. are they worth the hype or are they only driven by the starwars name. personaly i have only played a few starwars games. only a few stand out in my mind as good(but the same as other games too) so for a moment forget the game is starwars and would you say that many of these games are good or bad. hey i know this may be hard to think about if u are a die hard fan

The appeal of starwars games stemes mostly from the movies, so ignoring the starwars part of the game is just a wast of time since if you don't like starwars, you won't like the game. However, if you like the starwars movies, but not too the point of fanaticism, then you’ll still play the games that rehash your favourite part of the movie. Ie, You like the bits with X wings, but don’t think much of the lightsabre duels, you’ll buy X wing alliance over Jedi Knight. But recently the star wars franchise has taken a turn for the worse, and the games have suffered as a result. Lucusarts are running out of good ideas, and as such, trying more and more radical ideas based on starwarsy themes, which aren’t working out (Pod Racer being about the only exeption).

My starwars games:

X-Wing
TIE Fighter
Rebel Assault
Rebel Assault 2
Dark forces original (YES!)
Yoda Stories

...then I stopped. LucasArt's games had become too powerful for my tiny 586.

Still, I love playing DF, perhaps even more than Doom.

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter kicked ass. All it needed was the B-Wing, I can't believe they didn't put that in.

I've played almost every Starwars game there is and was.. and VERY few actually merit owning. (meaning they are good.) Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, Shadows Of The Empire for the N64 (sorry, but I love that game, and it was based on, IMHO, the BEST starwars novel that was not movie based.) And last, but for the love of god not least, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. I LOVE that game. I also have a small soft spot for the origonal TIE Fighter.

Well, I own Rogue Leader (or squadron?), on GCN, and I love it. Too short though. But lately, well in the past 12 months or so there has been quite a number of Star Wars games, and frankly I find it a little stupid to have so many different games coming out. Dunno why, I just get sick of seeing a new game based on Star Wars somehow. Well some are good but most of them are stupid. Like that pod racer game thing for PS2. Now THAT was lame.