Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Egyptian Guardian

How do I open Sample Packs in FL Studio 12?

I'm making beats for my friend who is working on an album for a hobby. Since Fl Studio doesn't have everything installed in it to make top-tier instrumentals I recently acquired the official Metro Booming Sample pack by Razor used by the famous producer himself. The problem is that I don't know how to open the file through Fl in order to use it for my music. If anyone has experience with using this software please tell me how to do so.

Guest Unregistered account

I apologize if this is wrong, as I've only ever used samples for drums, but if memory serves me correctly you just make a new instrument, make sure it's empty click on it and then click the folder button (I'm bad at explaining, sorry) to open the file browser.

U should go to options > file settings and look for browser extra search folders.
When u have located where your samples are stored these will always load when
u launch Fl studio located in the sidepanel on the left.

Hopefully you've figured this out by now, but you have to make sure the File Settings is set to view that folder. If these are just drum samples, they can be imported directly into the sequencer and edited from there. If they are VSTs, you will need to install them and browse for their .dll in the "Add -> Channel" menu on the top of the window.