Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EdwunclerIII

most emotional parts of Doom 64?

Sorry for the bump, but I completely forgot about this thread until yesterday. I am going to replay the game on my n64 and i will document the moments that stick out to me.

There are 2 moments that I remember the most...Dark Citadel and Breakdown. I just love the Dark Citadel map, the music, the layout, the atmosphere, the traps...Great map. And Breakdown, only for the music, a.k.a "Calling for mom in a disturbing way in Hell" :P 

29 minutes ago, Piper Maru said:

I wonder if there are other Doom 64 models still around?

I'll ask Gregor about it. Hey, does anyone else think it would be cool to see if he would do an ama?

On 5/2/2017 at 2:51 PM, MrGlide said:

I'll ask Gregor about it. Hey, does anyone else think it would be cool to see if he would do an ama?

It'd be kinda cool if we got permission to host those images of them on the Doom Wiki, so we could properly document the work he did on Doom 64. We already have pics of the stuff he did for Doom/Doom II, mostly via Romero.

I just thought of this, what if the music Aubrey Hodges made for this game is meant to represent Doomguy's slow descent into insanity? (As in PTSD) Maybe that could explain why the music gets more and more demented as you go further in the game...

he does a pretty damn good job at killing demons if he's gradually descending into madness throughout the course of the game. :P

3 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

he does a pretty damn good job at killing demons if he's gradually descending into madness throughout the course of the game. :P

At the point we get to in Doom 64/DOOM 2016 we probably kill Demons like normal people tie their shoes. It's just another thing to do for the Doomguy.

4 hours ago, WilliamPlaysDooM said:

I just thought of this, what if the music Aubrey Hodges made for this game is meant to represent Doomguy's slow descent into insanity? (As in PTSD) Maybe that could explain why the music gets more and more demented as you go further in the game...

Maybe the music is the true ambience of Hell and it's influence on the abandoned moon bases? Pain and suffering? 

Speaking of which, I'd like to know why @Aubrey Hodges chose to do the music of Doom 64 into this creepy ambience rather than the instrumental music found in almost everything other other game.

5 hours ago, Quasar said:

It'd be kinda cool if we got permission to host those images of them on the Doom Wiki, so we could properly document the work he did on Doom 64. We already have pics of the stuff he did for Doom/Doom II, mostly via Romero.

I'll send him a message tonight.

On 5/2/2017 at 2:17 PM, Piper Maru said:

I wonder if there are other Doom 64 models still around?

PxK0IMR.jpg

I would love to see a roster of all the demons in their original models.

Emotional moments in a DOOM game? The fuck are you smoking?

Let me have some of that shit!

Man, its been a long time since I made this thread. I played through Doom 64 on the console all the way to Level 21: Pitfalls, and I have to say they knocked it out of the park. Fun through and through, albeit it can get difficult at many points. I have always thought the transition from UAC base to Hell Subtle yet smooth. Final Outpost is truly the final outpost. The music of that map conveys a feeling of loneliness that i haven't really seen in the other Doom games. Hell, most of the maps in the game convey that feeling of loneliness. As I ventured deeper into the game, i found myself to get paranoid of sudden encounters. Ironically, the "Be Gentle" difficulty makes me feel alone at points as well due to the lesser encounters. "Watch Me Die!" difficulty adds more paranoia to the table as the encounters are numerous and difficult, especially later in the game. Many of the maps in Doom 64 have just the right amount of atmosphere to put you on your toes. This game is a masterpiece of horror while being a action-fest as Doom is meant to be. The game was unfairly treated when it came out and i am glad more people are appreciating it for what it is. A worthy title in the Doom saga.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 3:51 PM, MFG38 said:

Emotional moments in a DOOM game? The fuck are you smoking?

Let me have some of that shit!

I'll second that.

8 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Say what you will, but "The Rotted Foul" always makes a map hella creepy.

Especially the Sacrificial Grounds in the Hell on Earth Starter Pack.