Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
m0l0t0v

Here`s a thought...

Here is a theory based on something I heard once:

Assume there really is a Hell and Satan. Assume dead people are really judged by God and the good go to Heaven and the evil to Hell as punishment.
Satan loves evil an evil do-ers. So Satan must have loved people like Adolf Hitler. Now it wouldn`t make sense for Satan to punish Hitler for doing things he loves people to do! So Satan wouldn`t punish Adolf, instead he would let him become his friend/ righthand.
Now there will be people send to hell which aren`t totally corrupted, or stupid people who just got too much power like Bush. Satan wouldn`t mind torturing these poor souls.
In conclusion it is better to be pure evil than to be semi-evil.

Where is the the justice in that?

m0l0t0v said:

Satan loves evil an evil do-ers. So Satan must have loved people like Adolf Hitler. Now it wouldn`t make sense for Satan to punish Hitler for doing things he loves people to do! So Satan wouldn`t punish Adolf, instead he would let him become his friend/ righthand.

Heh, like in the South Park movie.

m0l0t0v said:

Here is a theory based on something I heard once:

Assume there really is a Hell and Satan. Assume dead people are really judged by God and the good go to Heaven and the evil to Hell as punishment.
Satan loves evil an evil do-ers..

..Where is the the justice in that?

Dammit, you're stealing my thoughts. I thought this up a week ago. Anyway, I think you're right about this. It completely doesn't make sense at all.. If Satan loves evil, then why would he punish people like Adolf Hitler?

Then, there's also this: Adolf Hitler truly believed he did the right thing for this planet. If you feel you're good at heart, no matter what kind of evil things you do, you'll go to heaven, according to something I've read about the Bible. It just doesn't make sense at all.

To me, that's just proof that this was all made up by a bunch of people.

Draconio said:

Yet more indication that logic and religion do not mix.

Or, more to the point, how dated the Christian religions really are in this day and age.

It would give Satan more pleasure to punish someone he respected than someone he disliked :)
And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done.
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
Fodders interviews God andSatan to find some truth:(course I stole this idea):)

Fodders: So, God, Satan, how goes it in your respective domains?

God: Pretty good thanks, bit hectic last night but I think I’ve got it under control.

Fodders: And you Satan?

Satan: Well, you know, people sin, people burn. Same old story.

Fodders: You sound a bit fed up of it all. Are you?

Satan: A little I suppose, it gets a bit tedious. It must be, what? Forty, fifty years since someone came up with something truly original.

God: Yes, the war was a good time for us. (smiles warmly at Satan.)

Fodders: Why was that then?

Satan: Well, you know. Like, back then, there was an easy line between good and bad. On the one side you had the allies, protecting the individual freedom and the like, and Hitler, massacring people in their millions. There wasn’t any difficulty dishing the souls out.

God: Of course the bombing of Japan fucked things up a bit. Got a bit mixed up there. Even I couldn’t say who was right or wrong there. Even if I am omniscient. Or something.

Satan: Nowadays it’s all different. There’s no black or white now. I mean look at George Bush. Two thousand years ago that fucker would have been straight down to my place. These days the people have to decide whether he was a bastard or not.

God: And what do they know? If they could run things themselves, we wouldn’t be here.

Fodders: I see. Bearing in mind that the world is such a crazy, fucked-up place, do you not think that the heaven and hell dichotomy is a bit outdated as a concept?

God: Well, fuck you. I created the goddamn world, it’s my bloody show.

Satan: No, hang on here, I think the guy has a point. We aren’t as useful as we used to be.

God: Speak for yourself. If it wasn’t for you then man would still be living in blissful ignorance in Eden. That stunt with the fruit was really low.

Satan: Yeah, but you put the bloody tree there in the first place. You wanted them to eat the damned fruit so that you could punish them and act the high and mighty father figure for eternity. An analyst would have a field day inside your head.

God: I am a bloody high and mighty father figure! Not just some pissy little imp like you. Oh to think that once you were my finest. I had such hopes for you. I looked on you as a son.

Satan: That was when you shat on my head was it? All I did was offer a few suggestions to improve things, but oh no, you wouldn’t have it would you. Mr ‘Lord of all Creation’ couldn’t handle the thought that something wasn’t quite right in his pissing wonderful toy world could he?

Fodders: Okay, okay, lets get back to the interview here. So God, what was your actual motivation behind creating the world?

God: You know, it was one of those boring Monday afternoons. It was raining, I was stuck indoors. It was all dark and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Something to while away the lonely millennia.

Satan: I get back from the god-damned pub, and he’d built this bloody ‘World’ thing. I said it was a bad idea. ‘It’ll come to no good’ I said. But would he listen? Ohhh no! Look at the bloody mess now eh? Should have listened to us Seraphim instead of chucking us down to that pissante little world to sort out the mess he made.

Fodders: Right. Anyway, what does an omnipotent deity like to do on his time off?

God: Well...

Satan: Piss about and watch re-runs of Baywatch

God: I don’t get much time off really

Satan: Yeah right, apart from the last 2000 years. He’s been building a new World...

God: Hang on...

Satan: Yes, you don’t want me to tell them about that do you? You were planning to leave them all in the fucking lurch weren’t you, you cheapskate old bastard.

God: Right, thats it, I’m having you. Outside now you jumped-up minion.

Satan: Come on then, bring it on, any time you old has-been. I could take you down with one fucking punch.

God: You couldn’t the last time.

Satan: I let you have that one, or else you’d have cried. I was being nice. Fucker.
Fodders tells them to play nice and makes an exit.

Best Interview Ever.

Leave it to Fodds to make a boring, rehashed thread interesting.

Could be fun to have a mod where you fight God's minions instead and in the end you have to defeat God and take his place or something - just a stupid, controversial idea of mine.

And no, I don't think Satan cares more about the really evil guys - he's just
1) so bloody evil that he tortures the crap out of everything that's sent down his way (the "nicer" of the people get out of Hell really early, whereas the big ones like Hitler stay for ages, staying long enough for Satan to get all creative).

2) He's actually only assigned to torture the evil-doers and is not really evil himself (other than easily being pissed off at chumps who rape and murder and such). - maybe Satan is like ....ME.

I've always thought that arguing with god would be pointless. No matter what you said, he’d make you feel like a complete idiot.. coz with divine intellect would come divine wit. I mean, even if you were right, he change things and tell you to “shut up, or ill make you into a pie”. Or at least, that’s what he did to me. :(

PS Fodders still rocks.

Spike:
Leave it to Fodds to make a boring, rehashed thread interesting.

HEY, who`s threads are you calling boring and rehashed!

...well 'mine' obviously...
...I should really be watching that Southpark movie now...

Ct_red_pants said:

I've always thought that arguing with god would be pointless. No matter what you said, he’d make you feel like a complete idiot.. coz with divine intellect would come divine wit. I mean, even if you were right, he change things and tell you to “shut up, or ill make you into a pie”. Or at least, that’s what he did to me. :(

Um... so like, mods are smarter than other forum members cause they can ban you and modify stuff? But yeah, you've proved that in YOUR case it would be pointless to argue with god (or whatever.)

But hey, for other people it's pointless for other reasons...

If you ARGUE WITH God than you`re admitting to yourself you doubt that God is all good and all-knowing.
God by definition is all good and all-knowing, so it is impossible to argue with God, since it wouldn`t be God you`re arguing with.

Don`t tell me that theory is in Southpark part II!

W00t! W00t!

Im back after so many months (my comp died, just bought a new one) and this is the first thread I come across.

Should The Almighty and, uh, The Other Almighty actually exist I imagine that they are no better or worse than we are (werent we made in His image?).
Satan's just playing a part.

Hey what else have I missed around here. It's been a while.

The very concept of actually believing in a religion based on something a MAN wrote (thus, all religions) is farcical and simply ridiculous. It honestly astounds me that people actually still attend churches/mosques/seminaries, pray, and otherwise observe religious beliefs. This is something that our race should have been absolved of a long time ago.

myk said:

Um... so like, mods are smarter than other forum members cause they can ban you and modify stuff? But yeah, you've proved that in YOUR case it would be pointless to argue with god (or whatever.)

As a matter of fact, you CAN argue with Mods, Hell, I've got my ass verbally kicked quite a number of times - I didn't delete the posts with those counter arguments, close/posthell the thread or complained about these people in the Admin forum.

Now stop fucking insinuating that we moderators clamp down on intelligent arguments just because these arguments goes against our opinions - because comments like this only serve to annoy some of the Mods (if not all of us). One day, these stupid comments about moderators being dictators will provoke us to fucking delete those very comments.

I haven't red the whole thread but, why do people assume that moderators are "smarter" than others, just because they handle certain parts of a particular forum. That doesn't fit, at all. Shouldn't we be discussing other things instead of having these ridiculous arguments? But hey, that's just a thought.

you guys do realise that satan has no control over hell. it was created by god specificaly for the punishment of satan. and i'm thinking that's maybe not a nice place.

myk said:

Unmm, god is just a little different from a doomworld mod my son, Since supposedly is the perfect being and can see all and know all, then I Think that just maybe that god would be a little wiser then… well, you know, EVERYBODY. Christ some people can be arrogant and/or stupid.

P.S. (in a voice like somebody talking to a 4 year old child:) You know what myk? I was JOKING. I didn’t really argue with god, and he didn’t really turn me in to a pie, because pies can’t type. They have no hands! You know, theses things on the end of your arm? They have little poles that come out of them that you can move.

MRB_Doom said:

I haven't red the whole thread but, why do people assume that moderators are "smarter" than others, just because they handle certain parts of a particular forum.

They don't.

Why would God/Ling want to hang around with us fodders? You I can understand, as he Wise Old Ancient One Insert Other Pointless Title In This Space, but the rest of us?

I mean, toying with us inferior mortals would get so boring I imagine.

Livo said:

I mean, toying with us inferior mortals would get so boring I imagine.

It gets so freakin' boring that he's chosen not to update the /newstuff chronicles this week!