Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a749323

Making New Maps Worth It?

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well.

So I have some maps I've been dabbling in and definitely want to release them to the community. They aren't finished tho and I'm wondering if Doom is active enough online to be worth my time of developing them.

I released a map a while ago and got a downvote (I wish Bethesda included the abilkity to leave feedback so i could know what to change) but it just doesn't seem like many people are playing Doom 2016.

Anyhow, what are your thoughts?

Thanks guys!

Nothing stops you from publishing them, However there's no chance for it to be noticed, it will perhaps show up at recently published maps for a few minutes and will be burried eventually, it's all up to you, I used to make those just for fun, I don't think it's really worth it.

I made one real map then quit. It's just so boring IMO and everything is so cookie cutter. I like making maps for classic Doom way more since I can draw any geometry I want.

Well my maps emphasize intense action, and finding secrets. geometry isn't a problem yet but yeah, if theres no one playing it might be fruitless. Maybe ill just finish the one im currently making and see what you guys think.

I published one map, which was quite well-received, and had a few others "on the go", but then gave up and decided to focus just on mapping for classic Doom.  While SnapMap makes it easy to churn out decent maps quickly, making really good maps seemed to me like a lot of effort for little reward.