Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Battle_Korbi

Questions that I can't ask Google (#1?)

Well... I have some questions... That Google doesn't have real answers for. Don't worry it ain't NSFW stuff, just some morbid curiosity.

• Is there any known instance of fanfiction based off a game mod? And not like "Yeah this game used to be a mod first before it went official/big/retail" but mods that are still mods, basically. No original spinoffs as well (Compare the first Counter-strike 1.0 and Counter-strike: Global Offensive).
  • Since when did people forget about the third gender, the "it", as in "I, you, he, she, it. We, you, them, them, them" (or whatever the variation is in English). A lot of discussion on the internet go like "THERES TWO GENDERS DEAL WITH IT" and "THERES MORE THAN FIVE GENDERS DEAL WITH IT". For a Grammar Nazi and a Syntax Fascist, this is just simply too annoying (too ironic at the moment).
  • Is it natural to blink with your eyes loudly (like hearing a small whisper-like clap everytime you blink) or is it supposed to be silent?
  • *INSERT NAME OF MY PAPER ASSIGNMENT HERE* hahahahahahahahaimfunnyhahahahahahahawhydoesn'tanyonelikemehahahahahahaha
  • How is it called when you are angry but happy at the same time (not excited or anything, just angry at the world but not really sad about it either)?
  • What if the reason Big Smoke's order is so long is because he wanted to stall the gang so that the Ballas could arrive at the Cluckin' Bell at time?

Yep, those are all.

Maybe you guys could ask each other questions here and hope to get answers.

And if this thread breaks through expect a sequel (cuz I am curious as fuck).

Edited by Battle_Kirby : Never trust edited threads.

Is there any known instance of fanfiction based off a game mod? And not like "Yeah this game used to be a mod first before it went official/big/retail" but mods that are still mods, basically. No original spinoffs as well (Compare the first Counter-strike 1.0 and Counter-strike: Global Offensive).

I'm not into fanfic stuff, but I remember someone posting multiple chapters of The Hidden: Source fanfiction on my old clan's forums, if that counts.

Since when did people forget about the third gender, the "it", as in "I, you, he, she, it. We, you, them, them, them" (or whatever the variation is in English). A lot of discussion on the internet go like "THERES TWO GENDERS DEAL WITH IT" and "THERES MORE THAN FIVE GENDERS DEAL WITH IT". For a Grammar Nazi and a Syntax Fascist, this is just simply too annoying (too ironic at the moment).

"it" is not a third gender, it's a neutral pronoun used to describe objects without or unknown gender. Also, gender is a social construct, bigot. /s

3 minutes ago, Swine & Roses said:

I'm not into fanfic stuff, but I remember someone posting multiple chapters of The Hidden: Source fanfiction on my old clan's forums, if that counts.

"it" is not a third gender, it's a neutral pronoun used to describe objects without or unknown gender. Also, gender is a social construct, bigot. /s

Alright, I just knew mod fanfics exist!

Well fuck me if I know, English isn't my native language, but in my native language (Croatian), gender is basically the same as a pronoun. Thanks for clearing that up.

Use DuckDuckGo instead of snooping Google

http://www.moddb.com/mods/starship-troopers-tc

Making a TC is making Fanfiction. Are you asking if someone made a fan fiction of a fan fiction?

People stopped using 'it' where ever possible, ever since the Thought Police is trying to teach that gender identification is passé, hurts those that don't know if they are male or female, want gender-less washrooms etc etc.

Depends what you are blinking; a flash light on/off makes some noise.

Angry+Happy=bamboozled

Try to get an answer from the GTA fans, or I have no clue.

Only you can answer that.

Edited by Phoenix

25 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Angry+Happy=bamboozled

cantbamboozleabamboozler.JPG.61e55bf5c4302f0ec9e8b8f16d8190ae.JPG

Bamboozled eh? Can't bamboozle a part-time bamboozler :D

Alas, fanfiction as in text(ual) stories of sort.

31 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

cantbamboozleabamboozler.JPG.61e55bf5c4302f0ec9e8b8f16d8190ae.JPG

Bamboozled eh? Can't bamboozle a part-time bamboozler :D

Alas, fanfiction as in text(ual) stories of sort.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bamboozle

If you are happy and sad simultaneously you fooled yourself, in my opinion.

Sample, I'm happy I closed a good deal with someone. Later: After reading the fine print of the contract I'm angry, because my fees are not high enough to fulfill all those hidden demands. So I was happy and now I'm very angry.

Similar with the world. If I look at my neighborhood, I'm happy, birds, trees and and kids playing on green grass. Open the new, wars, slander, hate etc. All happiness forgotten, get a bit angry.

I think, one can be happy and sad and angry during a day, but not in the same instance, which brings me back to bamboozled. ;P

Fanfiction, OK, 0 ideas.

Edited by Phoenix

5 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bamboozle

If you are happy and sad simultaneously you fooled yourself, in my opinion.

Sample, I'm happy I closed a good deal with someone. Later: After reading the fine print of the contract I'm angry, because my fees are not high enough to fulfill all those hidden demands. So I was happy and now I'm very angry.

Similar with the world. If I look at my neighborhood, I'm happy, birds, trees and and kids playing on green grass. Open the new, wars, slender, hate etc. All happiness forgotten, get a bit angry.

I think, one can be happy and sad and angry during a day, but not in the same instance, which brings me back to bamboozled. ;P

Hmm... I do feel angry and happy at the same time sometimes. Usually I either get nostalgic or worried or anxious before-hand, something unrelated. Determination probably? I dunno, to feel determined you need something to determine to, and in my case it goes like:

"PEOPLE ARE DICKS AHAHAHA FUCK OFF I LOVE ALL OF YA EHEHEHEEE GO SUCK A DICK MY BEST FRIEND IHIHIHIHI MY DAY IS SHIT BUT IM NOT OHOOOHOHOHOO"

Sometimes I can be angry and glad, while sometimes it can escalate to being angry and "IWANTTOPETEVERYTHING" happy. I wonder what it could be?

And it ain't puberty either. Back in puberty I was more serious and less comical but cringy to the bones, and felt like a dick all the time, without the "happy" part.

Blinking loudly/audibly is not unnatural. The best way to answer that question more in-depth is to ask you doctor next time you have the opportunity but certainly not uncommon to hear or experience.

I think that blinking thing has to do with awareness, e.g. if you meditate, you're more likely to notice this.

As for Big Smoke: Could be, it just seems logical to me. But I actually never saw it like that until now, propably because I played through the game without really getting what's going on, seeing I was 13 years old.

If you're angry and happy at the same time, it means you're a psychopath.

On 5/7/2017 at 4:11 PM, Battle_Kirby said:

Hmm... I do feel angry and happy at the same time sometimes. Usually I either get nostalgic or worried or anxious before-hand, something unrelated.

[...]

Sometimes I can be angry and glad, while sometimes it can escalate to being angry and "IWANTTOPETEVERYTHING" happy. I wonder what it could be?

I believe the word you're looking for is manic, as what you're describing has more to do with energetic expression rather than a particular emotion. Often this word is used to describe people dealing with mania, but in my experience you can get the same thing from, say, a extra-large dose of caffeine after crankily waking up.