Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altazimuth

Eternity Engine 3.42.02 Heimdal (files, documentation, buglist)

Posting again so I can cordon off my personal opinions. This was a long time coming. The addition of UDMF or finishing portals on its own would be enough to warrant a new release, but also all the enhancements to portals? Goddamn monumental.

This is a huge step forward in making Eternity more approachable and versatile. On the back-end stuff ACSVM is really cool, and I've really enjoyed working with that code.
I can't wait to see what the future holds, and I'm proud to be on the team. I'm itching to make some bighuge contributions to master, as opposed to the small quality-of-life changes and bugfixes I've mostly been doing (stuff like interpolation for looking up/down, or flat scaling). Watch out world, EDF inventory and weapons are a comin', and Heretic will follow!

Yes. This release fulfills all of Eternity's promises: fully functional portals, ACSVM and more. Everything E2 was waiting for... :)

12 hours ago, Linguica said:

Good to see linguortal support added, it was really holding the port back.

Haha, cool to see you notice it, I wonder if you're being serious :) But yeah I wanted to highlight this little feature and remind others that it exists :)

No.

Which directly implies that there's no sane way to handle them in ports that for whatever reason do not use the original nodes for rendering.

(Meaning: It may work in some basic ports (no guarantee though) but won't work at all in any other advanced port aside from Eternity. They all do a full node rebuild on any level they load and which comes without GL nodes.)

I noticed that gun-triggered pass-thru switches aren't activating in this build.

52 minutes ago, Urthar said:

I noticed that gun-triggered pass-thru switches aren't activating in this build.

No such thing. Hitscan needs to actually hit (meaning, be blocked) in order for activation to happen. Unless you mean travelling projectiles and walkover linedef actions, in which case you need to turn on this behaviour in the projectiles' EDF definition.

12 minutes ago, Mordeth said:

Hitscan needs to actually hit (meaning, be blocked) in order for activation to happen.

Not in vanilla.

A good way to test that is in MAP18: The Courtyard. Stay in the start room and shoot through the open door, you'll hear the "clunk" sound of an activated switch every single time.

29 minutes ago, Mordeth said:

No such thing.

Yes such thing.

(please excuse the shameless plug, but it's the only example I can remember right now. :/ )

Compare this map in vanilla and Eternity.

It has a lot of gunfire-activated lines behind each other, but only the "solid" one will trigger in Eternity, while all of them will trigger in vanilla.

This is definitely a bug. Until it's fixed, go to menu, options, compatibility settings and set "Bullets never hit floors and ceilings" to NO. The bug doesn't affect vanilla, Boom and MBF demo recordings, and doesn't happen if map has linked portals.

Holy Mongoloids. I'm late to the party by now, but the addition of UDMF alone makes Hacx 2.0 a lot more interesting. O_O

Oh, Heretic support is near? I still have never done a playthrough of that, it will be a good excuse to start one when Eternity supports it!