Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plyte

i just love the way ignorant people genralise christians

I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING DC.
IT'S JUST THAT I'VE HEARD EXAMPLES SIMILAR TO THIS ONE SO MANY TIMES. JUST WITH DIFFERENT WORDS.

Plyte said:

IT'S JUST THAT I'VE HEARD EXAMPLES SIMILAR TO THIS ONE SO MANY TIMES. JUST WITH DIFFERENT WORDS.

I understand, but remember that there are six billion plus people on this planet. You're gonna hear the same crap over and over, and if you don't know how to handle it calmly, you're gonna pop. Getting frustrated and lashing out doesn't help your featured cause, and Christianity is a pretty unappreciated cause here on DW (believe me, I know), so I suggest you slow down, take a deep breath, and relax. On top of keeping you from making a fool out of yourself, it should ease your trigger finger, and that can only help your game.

My suggestion? Remembering "all things in moderation", get some Dr. Pepper and vanilla vodka. Rinse and repeat.

DC

Doom-Child said:

Wow...that's the first time that's happened.

DC

Huh? I always agree with you, you're one of the few sensible people around here :)

Plyte said:

Please, please tone your voice down - we don't want no bloody earaches.
Besides, you don't want to be viewed as a moron do you? (people who go all-caps are generally seen as moronic by members on these forums - keep that in mind)
Me? I just ignore when people generalize Christians and call their views stupid - I prefer to partially agree with them as the views of fundamentalist Christians ARE stupid.
I am arguably a Christian myself as I am a member of the church in my country (I was registred by the church when I was born), but I do not believe in God anymore. The idea of some humanoid being controlling us all seems a little too simplified to me. I believe in something far more complex, like there is no ONE entity that controls everything. Everything, it is my current belief, is controlled by actually unidentifiable elements - time and fate being two such elements. I do not follow the Bible, merely I observe what happens in the world plus what has happened before and I behave accordingly. And I certainly do not believe that the Bible is the words of God, because history teaches us that powerful people have furthered their own ends by making up stories and made people believe in them.

The closest thing I have to a god is fate and time. Without time everything would stand still and without fate, everything would be the same, repeating over and over again.

Doom-Child said:

I am not for a minute going to get into some kind of argument about the Bible, Christianity, or personal beliefs, mostly because it's not my place to judge. However, I would suggest that you take a more thorough look into the Bible before you just up and announce it to be self-contradicting. Like I said, I don't want to start any kind of argument or flame war about anything, but it does rather rankle to have someone offhandedly dismiss my belief system.

[b]

If you really want to find the truth out, look at the system, not the people in it. People are rude, boorish, and deluded, regardless of the belief system they adhere to. Don't judge a car by the passengers.

My biggest complaint with non-Christians is there immediate dismissal of the things that I have studied and found to be true. Now, I'm not a post-modernist, and as such I believe that my beliefs are grounded in absolute truth. However, I am not so deluded as to think that I can singlehandedly convince the world that I am right, nor that a pissy kind of self-righteous judgementalism is the way to convince those that I can convince.

Bottom line: I'm not judging yours, don't judge mine.

DC

Sorry if it sounds like I'm taking a stab at Christianity and all its people, but I'm not. What I am saying is that I personally don't believe it. If others do, that's fine. It's not as though my oppinion that it's self-contradicting has come from years of experience. I've opened the book more times that you would think, and I've heard the stories over and over. I've thought about the structure and meaning. I didn't just up and do anything. However, what I'm saying is that there are people that -do- judge what I believe, and -do- dismiss my belief system. Not you DC, and not everyone, but most people I know, unfortunatly. Just don't think that I don't have these oppinions for very good reasons.

Hi every body. I just want to say that I am christian and I love doom. Also the meaning of christian is being christ like or like christ. Now a lot of people don't know what that means or make up there own meaning and mess it up for other christians.

Doom-Child said:

Bottom line: I'm not judging yours, don't judge mine.

DC

Hey I'm new here and those are my beliefs too, I'm with you man.

Major Grit said:

Hi every body. I just want to say that I am christian and I love doom. Also the meaning of christian is being christ like or like christ. Now a lot of people don't know what that means or make up there own meaning and mess it up for other christians.

*Spike reads into the background on Jesus Christ...*

Wow, so we're all vampires?

(ps - this is a joke. if anyone else can figure it out and/or comment, please do. if not, then disregard as insane ramblings.)

Spike said:

*Spike reads into the background on Jesus Christ...*

Wow, so we're all vampires?

I know I am.

Hey, when a guy offers to let you eat his flesh and drink his blood, you don't say no, huh? :)

pritch said:

Huh? I always agree with you, you're one of the few sensible people around here :)

Rock on! It's nice to find out that I'm not a complete pariah here. That, and I've noticed a tendency for anyone expressing a belief in absolute truth to be rather pissed upon out here.

DC

I'm an athiest and damn proud of it. But I have nothing against people that worship a religion nor embrasses the power of a "god". I only blame the bigots a the biased bastards that say its truth and all of us that don't believe will burn in hell. Further more people blaming doom for the deaths of teens in school shootings is non-sense. Look at doom, you're killing evil, its not evil but should be said as an instrument of destroying evil...while I don't believe in any of this "holy" and "unholy" stuff.

But I'm not about to blame a whole belief structure on the insolence of god fan boys....yes I said god fan boys, if you fucking take every word of god and change every aspect of your life to fit it and bash others, you're are worse then a fucking star wars fan boy (don't get me worng, I love star wars). SO short and simple, I say keep to your own, and fuck the world, don't let the ignorance of others destroy the person you are.

Major Grit:
Also the meaning of christian is being christ like or like christ.

Jesus wasn`t a Christian ("a follower of Christ"); he was a jew. So if you want to be like Christ you should become jewish not christian!?

Oops, I tried to apply logic in a religious context again...
:)

Ok here we go. Yes Jesus was Jewish. But he was a christian. Second the meaning flesh of my flesh and blood of my blood. Flesh represents human nature so when it says flesh of my flesh that means to be like christ was when he was flesh and control your human nature urges such as lieing, cheating, or sin in other words. Blood represents spirit so this means make your spirit like mine. Also this is what I stand for so all of you who say little smart remarks remember that this is something a lot of people stand for so why don't you ask question in a way you don't offend anybody and if you have to put relax or don't get pissed off at the end than don't you think it will offend somebody.

Major Grit said:

Blood represents spirit so this means make your spirit like mine.

Y'mean like the Christ's. I certainly hope you mean like the Christ's.

Also this is what I stand for so all of you who say little smart remarks remember that this is something a lot of people stand for so why don't you ask question in a way you don't offend anybody and if you have to put relax or don't get pissed off at the end than don't you think it will offend somebody.

Settle down, dude. If you decide to be offended by a few little jokes, at least one of which was cracked by someone just as "Christian" as yourself, that's your perogative. But please don't go into these discussions looking for stuf to be offended by.

AFAIK, Jesus was trying to reform the local Jews to be less hypocritical and more serious about their faith. The term "Christian" didn't come up until he died and people really started believing he was the Christ. I do not believe that Jesus really thought of himself as the Christ, at least not during his life.

Jesus was a punk. Thank you.

IMJack said:

I do not believe that Jesus really thought of himself as the Christ, at least not during his life.

At no point did he say he was, and refuted it on many occasions. That is something that gets me about Christianity.

Major Grit said:

Also this is what I stand for so all of you who say little smart remarks remember that this is something a lot of people stand for so why don't you ask question in a way you don't offend anybody and if you have to put relax or don't get pissed off at the end than don't you think it will offend somebody.

If you're offended so easily, then it's obvious that these kinds of discussion are not your forté.
The touchy nature of religion alone is so annoying - you can't say anything without offending anyone. Perhaps there's a Hindu -or more to the point, a Jewish follower - reading this thread somewhere, getting extremely pissed off at a religion created from his own.

Again; if you're offended easily, then it's simple : Don't bother.

Hi it's me again. Look when Jesus was on earth you are right he didn't see himself like Christ. But he tried to be like Christ in heaven. Jesus came to earth to show the people how they should live and do show them that it can be done.

This is for spike. Hey if I was talking about and questioning his beliefs than I would understand how he would get offended. But if he is just talking about his belief and expressing his belief than I have know problem with it. Also so what do you consider yourself or what is your religion or all you those people who just say I see it when I get there or as I refer to them as spiritual drifters.

First off, i was under the impression that YOU were offended. No single religion is right or wrong. They're just the opinions of like-minded people who seek an explanation for the world around them when science fails to deliver.
And, since you asked, i'm a Satanist. I just hope that this doesn't get turned into an even more psychotic thread. If it does so due to my last comment - I Apologise.

See now I am glad we cleared the way. I always knew that was your belief from the start. But if you post a thread about satan I wouldn't come in and reply the way you did. But anyway can you tell be somethings about your belief and what you believe in because from the start there wouldn't be satan if it wasn't for GOD.

JavaGuy said:

Personally, I'm Neo-Pagan if anything.

Why be Neo-Pagan? Neo-Paganism is just another rip-off, it's a bunch of people who try to convince, young, attractive people to go skyclad(naked) and hug trees! Why not look into actual Paganism, much more fun and more clothes :)

Major Grit said:

See now I am glad we cleared the way. I always knew that was your belief from the start.

Yes. Of course you did.

But if you post a thread about satan I wouldn't come in and reply the way you did.

I don't start religion-based threads because i don't feel the need to push my beliefs on other people. If i am asked, then i will tell, but that is all.

But anyway can you tell be somethings about your belief and what you believe in because from the start there wouldn't be satan if it wasn't for GOD.

First, take a look at this lengthy thread to get some idea of what my beliefs entail.

I'll be very quick in saying, however, that while Christianity is 2000 or so years old, Satanism is as old as the Druids.
Please read the above linked-thread before you start flaming me, tho.

Finally - if you hate the way that 'ignorant people generalise Christians', then surely you should play the bigger person by doing a little research yourself before you quote mistruths about someone else's faith.

A minor biblical addendum:

Jesus never refuted being the Messiah. At no point did he say, "I am not the Christ, don't worship me." In fact, he usually said just the opposite. Now, there are very few occasions where he actually came out and said "I am the Messiah", mostly because of the culture. The Jews couldn't handle the concept of the Messiah, and He knew it. Their idea of the Messiah was a strictly military ruler, along the lines of King David.

Also, saying Christ wasn't technically a Christian is pretty accurate. That's like calling David Duke a Dukite. He's not a follower, he's the original (note: I am not defending or advertising for David Duke. I think he was a putz.) Christ was the original, and all of his followers are Christians.

Also, to the "fan boy" statement, let me say that everyone, bar none alters their life to better fit into their belief system. It's a wholly unconscious thing, but to say that only Christians do it is preposterous.

I don't start religion-based threads because i don't feel the need to push my beliefs on other people. If i am asked, then i will tell, but that is all.

Spike: While I may not agree with your beliefs, I do wholeheartedly applaud this line.

I ask the question again: What's wrong with everybody being nice to each other?

DC

Major Grit said:

See now I am glad we cleared the way. I always knew that was your belief from the start. But if you post a thread about satan I wouldn't come in and reply the way you did. But anyway can you tell be somethings about your belief and what you believe in because from the start there wouldn't be satan if it wasn't for GOD.

Do you mind if i butt in and clear a few things up? ok, please, nobody take any offence to this... Firstly, how did you know Spike was a Satanist? Secondly, if you already knew this then why ask? ok...A Satanist would NOT come along, start a thread for no reason relating to Satanism. Satanism has a strict rule that states..."Do not brag your religion, it is against the morals of your belief" Satan(also known as Satania) is older than god, also Satan has nothing to do with god, it was Lucifer who got kicked out of heaven, and Satan and Lucifer are NOT the same being. Also, why did Lucifer get kicked out of heaven? I'll tell you, because he refused to drown all but Noah, so Lucifer was kicked out of heaven and Loki(who happens to be a norse god) replaced him. Satanists are not evil, do not post threads relating to Satanism in general and so far, as to my knowledge, have not actually give you any trouble here, unless there is a thread somewhere where someone says "I am a Satanist, christians are shit"? nope? ok then. I personally try to premote that people believe in what they want to believe and that if their faith is strong enough, it doesn't matter what other people think, but obviously, nobody thinks the same way i do because they keep posting shit here like "i just love the way ignorant people genralize christians".

Doom-Child said:

I ask the question again: What's wrong with everybody being nice to each other?

DC

oops, i must appologize to you for i hadn't seen your post before i posted mine. oops, sorry Doom-Child.

HELLO I DIDN'T POST THE THREAD ! Second to SpikeI knew you couldn't because the way you repling. Then I looked at your replies in other threads like when you said something like you people know what I am so I looked at you icon and really guessed. I could say GOD told me but for the sake of arguement it was a gut feeling. LOL. Second I just was curious about what spike believed in. THird I believe God was at the being of time so to me Christianity was first because God was first. Even though it didn't really get a name until when 2000 years ago.

*Sigh* this is getting annoying...

Major Grit said:

HELLO I DIDN'T POST THE THREAD !

[/b]
No, but you did post another thread in which you felt the need to tell everyone how 'Christian' you were, and how you knew what the term itself meant. You joined this particular thread in a similar manner.

Second to SpikeI knew you couldn't because the way you repling. Then I looked at your replies in other threads like when you said something like you people know what I am so I looked at you icon and really guessed. I could say GOD told me but for the sake of arguement it was a gut feeling. LOL.

I could have been many things; Wiccan or Pagan, among those that spring to mind, usually incite similar feelings. Also - my icon is simply a Fishie representation of what i actually look like. I have blonde hair, i have a pierced lip that can be replaced with a 'spike' on the labrette, and i can roll my eyes so they appear white. If i look demonic, then you have my 'most humble apologies'.

Second

What, two Seconds?

I just was curious about what spike believed in. THird I believe God was at the being of time so to me Christianity was first because God was first. Even though it didn't really get a name until when 2000 years ago.

That's exactly it - a belief. Please allow it to remain as such. We're ALL getting sick of these threads, and it wouldn't surprise me if the subject was banned from the forums completely.

We all have different beliefs. Accept it and respect it, as i'm tired of having beliefs force-fed to myself and those around me.