Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

DOOM 2016 turns a year old in two days!

I can't believe it's been a year since a great series has made a comeback. Do you think ID (or Bethesda) has any plans for the game's birthday? Maybe a official SnapMap level might be released.

An update much be even better. Perhaps we can see something like a Summoner enemy (Just have it not summon monsters if there are more than the hard-coded limit) or more props or something of that sort.

34 minutes ago, MetroidJunkie said:

An update much be even better. Perhaps we can see something like a Summoner enemy (Just have it not summon monsters if there are more than the hard-coded limit) or more props or something of that sort.

I'd like to see the Archvile make a return tbh, but it's attack could be altered a bit.

I'd prefer if they'd stop teasing and give a definitive answer on that update. Worse comes to worst, we'll see it at E3.

... if it is coming...

Edited by Jaxxoon R

I doubt we will see shit but I hope I am wrong

But I predict they will ship the Doom Marine statue that is suppose to available 2nd quarter. 

Already been 365/366 days soon since Doom '16 arrived, and yet it feels like it hasn't been a full year yet.

Wow, it's been a year already? Time really does fly by when you get older...

By the way, I had to uninstall it the other month because I was getting worried about disk space. (Not to mention I haven't been playing it much, heh.) I'll reinstall it another time, like when I get a new SSD, and when I get bored with my Pokémon game. :P

Edited by HavoX : more stuff added

54 minutes ago, Jaxxoon R said:

rX5pMMC.jpg

Well done, your reward is cake.

Damn, where did you get those?

I really hope we see a sequel in the next 3-4 years or so. The SP is great, keep that similar but add new maps with new themes, maybe 2 or 3 new demon varieties, add a new soundtrack, add coop campaign support and rework the competitive multiplayer from the ground up to be more in line with Doom2/Quake3 deathmatch standards. Hell, maybe even a small handful of CTF maps. Just spitballing but I think such a game would be highly pleasing for the community.

I whole heartedly hope in the sequel, that we can combo weapons like we could in D'16. I'm aware It might not have been intended, but boy did that help ramp up the combat imo. As for the mp, I'm down for what ever, but would honestly like to see co-op kinda stuff like invasion take priority over death match.

7 hours ago, Sgt Jack V said:

Damn, where did you get those?

Ah, it's just a cute picture id posted on their Twitter today. I wish I had that Doomguy figure, it's miles better than that Funky Pop thing.

Bad? No of course not, though I highly recomend playing it. It's 20$ on steam right now if you want it for pc. I'm not sure about console prices.

16 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

Bad? No of course not, though I highly recomend playing it. It's 20$ on steam right now if you want it for pc. I'm not sure about console prices.

And also $19.79 on the PS Store right now ;)

3 hours ago, MrGlide said:

what i mean by "bad" as in "Is it bad that i haven't bought it yet?"

I would really like to see a Horde Mode.

My dream COOP mode would be something very similar to Stronghold and Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer. They could also use the experience making RAGE towns to make interesting hubs.

Also, if Steamspy is accurate, Doom 2016 sold 1.721.000 copies on PC in its first year but keep in mind that a great majority of those were sales. Are those good numbers for PC?

4 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

I would really like to see a Horde Mode.

Any decent horde more would be lovely.

4 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Doom 2016 sold 1.721.000 copies on PC in its first year

Thats banging it out of the park for a singleplayer game. Outsold the pc version of rage already XD.

16 hours ago, Jaxxoon R said:

Ah, it's just a cute picture id posted on their Twitter today. I wish I had that Doomguy figure, it's miles better than that Funky Pop thing.

i was going to say, those figures looked miles ahead of any of the stupid figures that i have seen for sale. i would probably buy one of those.