Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NinjaLiquidator

Rules to make well repeatable midi?

Hi, I am wondering how to make midi that doesnt become annoying shit after like 3rd repeat. By the way, here is my midi - the shorter midi, the more obvious are weak spots. Transition between acoustic and electric guitar is weak (probably will work on it), otherwise its good. It is 1:40 long, but Doom midis had been 1:40 too sometimes, and they worked well. Aggressive changes are bad I guess. Any tips for this?

04_freestyle_v1.zip

Perhaps the start and end of the song seamlessly connecting?

I haven't done any music so take what I say with a grain of salt, but Heretic has a lot of pretty short tracks and I think the way they do it well is that it seems like two totally different songs in the same file (in terms of tempo, instruments used, and general tone or mood of the piece)

I think you're on the right track with the acoustic guitar part transitioning to the overdriven guitar part. You may be able to get a little heavier or faster with it though.

I have done that transition better and changed some beats, now it is awesome even if I heard it 5-10 times when testing :D I will post the final version if somebody interested but I dont have it here (not at home)

@Glaice this one does connect perfectly from end->start. I dont have problem with this. This connection is even pretty awesome, I dont know if it plays well on your side then. I am talking about composition - what kind of midis are best for long levels.